[Albion] Premier League 15-17/4/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hope this isn't heralding a footballing weekend every bit as bad as the last.

Footballing gods! Why hast ye forsaken us?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Gentle breeze here in Coldean. It's probably why the villa cheats players can't stay on their feet.....in the midlands :shrug:
God, I really do detest them

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on catching Newcastle. If they lose,we're 10 points behind them with two games in hand, and still have them to play. That could bring the gap down to one point. On the Villa front, we'd be 4 points behind them with three games in hand and still to play them.

Of course, I'm also on the matchday thread saying I'm in the bad feeling for us for today camp, so I'm not sure why I'm being so positive over here... :shrug:

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on catching Newcastle. If they lose,we're 10 points behind them with two games in hand, and still have them to play. That could bring the gap down to one point. On the Villa front, we'd be 4 points behind them with three games in hand and still to play them.

Of couorse, I'm also on the matchday thread saying I'm in the bad feeling for us for today camp, so I'm not sure why I'm being so positive over here... :shrug:
Yes, that makes sense.....but it's villa and I hate them

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s the classic example there. Whistle clearly goes, Martinez boots it the length of the pitch. Ref doesn’t blink… So annoying to watch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really don’t rate Murphy or Gordon whatsoever.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really don’t rate Murphy or Gordon whatsoever.
This is what still busts my hump about last week. On our day we are every bit as good as almost all our competitors and the thought of what we could achieve if we were able to hang onto the bulk of this squad one more season is tantalising.

Last week’s result has made the chase for the top four much, much harder and within a week we’re getting noises that Mac Allister is set to go. A top four finish would certainly help our pitch to retain the top talent.

Nope. No way around it. My blood’s still booking at the sheer bloody injustice of it all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now f***ing don’t let Villa win

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thought it looked clearly off from the first angle (knee ahead of defender's arm), then it switched to a slightly different angle and it looked a little less clear, but I still think the decision was 'right' (in the sense it was technically correct).

Now 2-0.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shocking defending. Shocking. Ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports