Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-16/12/21

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sussex isn’t - and never will be - a hotbed for football support in the way that the north east, the north west and the midlands are.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Plus Covid hit or concerned STH’ers can pass their seat on to any one of 20 other folk, at no cost.

Yup. Assuming Liverpool have 40’000 STHs (no idea how many they actually have), that gives them a theoretical / potential pool of 800’000 attendees to draw on. Plus one off match day sales.

You’re bound to find 50 odd thousand who fancy coming along out of 800’000

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Plus Covid hit or concerned STH’ers can pass their seat on to any one of 20 other folk, at no cost.

But their cheapest season ticket is over double ours. And no interest free payments etc.

So a Brighton ticket + sharing for you and 10 mates is still cheaper than a Liverpool one you can share for ‘free’. Sounds like we’ve got a great deal.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Fantastic. Keeps Newcastle down there. If we can isolate Norwich and Newcastle, that's two relegation spots we don't have to worry about.

Shame Chelsea couldn't stuff Everton, but we are still a point ahead with a game in hand. I know they are under-performing, but in the past five seasons they have spent over £500m in transfer fees alone. Compared to our £202m. They have a top manager, and the likes of James, Richarlison and Pickford's wages could basically pay our entire starting eleven.

That and their world class coach, Benitez.

Just a bit of perspective, to cheer myself up :)

Fair post that. I think Newcastle will be ok even if they lose their next three games. Big signings in January will probably keep them safe.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Fair post that. I think Newcastle will be ok even if they lose their next three games. Big signings in January will probably keep them safe.

I know a few Newcastle fans are scared because a) Being in the position they are in limits the players they can get in b) It will take at least a month to bring the players in, then probably another month at least for them to jell. c) with how they handled the manager situation, there is no certainty that they will even bring in the right players for a relegation fight or for Howe's tactics.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But their cheapest season ticket is over double ours. And no interest free payments etc.

So a Brighton ticket + sharing for you and 10 mates is still cheaper than a Liverpool one you can share for ‘free’. Sounds like we’ve got a great deal.

£685 v £545.

Are you thinking of Spurs and Arsenal?

It’s the simplicity and wide net - every STH lets the club know 20 other people’s details by 31/8. None of whom need to be on the club database, no history. The STH’er simply electronically allocates a match ticket to that associate on a game by game basis.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£685 v £545.

Are you thinking of Spurs and Arsenal?

It’s the simplicity and wide net - every STH lets the club know 20 other people’s details by 31/8. None of whom need to be on the club database, no history. The STH’er simply electronically allocates a match ticket to that associate on a game by game basis.

Oops - it was ‘half’ season prices. But still £140. So 4 sharing still cheaper

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don’t think they will be able to attract anyone but a few half arsed loans like Alli.

Yeah. Players doing well at successful clubs won't want to leave midseason to join a team that looks destined for the Championship. They could become the new Chinese Super League if they aren't careful, with crocked, has-been "names" like Hulk phoning it in for £500k a week.

And they certainly aren't the type of players to get you out of the Championship next year either. They wouldn't agree to wage cuts if they went down, because they know that money is no object.

I can see them making 3-4 signings from the continent - plus maybe a loan like Lingard or Alli - maybe from the French league for example, where they've had prior success (Saint Maximin, Cabaye, Tiote) but they aren't going to be getting Mbappe type names or giving them Messi type wages. Not until the summer at the very earliest.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah. Players doing well at successful clubs won't want to leave midseason to join a team that looks destined for the Championship. They could become the new Chinese Super League if they aren't careful, with crocked, has-been "names" like Hulk phoning it in for £500k a week.

And they certainly aren't the type of players to get you out of the Championship next year either. They wouldn't agree to wage cuts if they went down, because they know that money is no object.

I can see them making 3-4 signings from the continent - plus maybe a loan like Lingard or Alli - maybe from the French league for example, where they've had prior success (Saint Maximin, Cabaye, Tiote) but they aren't going to be getting Mbappe type names or giving them Messi type wages. Not until the summer at the very earliest.

If Lingard has any desire to play for England in the world cup I can't see him going there , I would say Deli Alli is more likely because he has less to lose.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Likewise none at selhurst and other premier league matches apart from us last night and Burnley at weekend!! A dig at our support maybe?

Sorry are you saying there wer no gaps at Selhurst park??

Take a look at the highlights between 00:30 - 1:01
[video]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12496852/ayew-rescues-palace-point-against-saints[/video]
I saw plenty of empty seats in all 4 stands and that's only from glimpses of the attendance.

Considering their ground only holds 24k that's pretty comparable with our real attendance I would say.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Pep has invented a non-binary Covid Test, Woke Snowflake that he is.

[TWEET]1471832104505790464[/TWEET]

Sorry are you saying there wer no gaps at Selhurst park??

Take a look at the highlights between 00:30 - 1:01
[video]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12496852/ayew-rescues-palace-point-against-saints[/video]
I saw plenty of empty seats in all 4 stands and that's only from glimpses of the attendance.

Considering their ground only holds 24k that's pretty comparable with our real attendance I would say.

I meant at selhurst last weekend when they beat Everton , didn't see their game against saints and, I was just tongue in cheek replying to the post of"no gaps". I also suggest that just maybe we have a more elderly population being on the south coast amongst our support and perhaps some of those empty seats are people more at risk of the virus than the younger generation?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here