Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-16/12/21

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This, good decision so annoying when opponents feigning injuries in their own box to stop play

It’s infuriating….the ‘stop play for a head injury’ thing is being massively abused now. When it happens, they should use VAR for any head contact and if there isn’t any, give a free kick to the other team where the player is lying down.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
It was refreshing to see a player (Mane) doing all he could to stay on his feet and get a shot off after being brought down, rather than collapsing in a heap and hoping for a penalty.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good. Play not stopped for player pretending to have a head injury.

There is too much of this. A defender gets challenged from a cross then collapses in a heap holding his head/neck expecting the referee to automatically stop play and restart when everyone is in position.

Now that diving has been more or less eradicated, feigning injury is the latest way of gaining an unfair advantage.

Well done Mike Dean!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised Salah didn't put that chance over the bar.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It’s infuriating….the ‘stop play for a head injury’ thing is being massively abused now. When it happens, they should use VAR for any head contact and if there isn’t any, give a free kick to the other team where the player is lying down.

and take the injured player off for 5-10 mins whilst he recovers , temp sub on for the period.

the nonsense last night was infuriating and as about as blatant amount of cheating that i have seen in a game...well since we played Millwall under Mick Mcarthy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
and take the injured player off for 5-10 mins whilst he recovers , temp sub on for the period.

the nonsense last night was infuriating and as about as blatant amount of cheating that i have seen in a game...well since we played Millwall under Mick Mcarthy

Even better. Mandatory 10 mins on the sidelines for any head injury.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

I thought Wolves were guilty of that last night. I lost count of the number of times one of their players went down and then quickly clutched at his head. Twas getting right on my @#$S! Mind you, it must be hard for the re to make the call.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Wolves were guilty of that last night. I lost count of the number of times one of their players went down and then quickly clutched at his head. Twas getting right on my @#$S! Mind you, it must be hard for the re to make the call.

The ref was more concerned about his link to Stockley Park than the shitehousery of players like Marcal.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Agreed…. But when it’s the same player 4 or 5 times surely the ref could decide that there is a danger to the player if he continues.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably because it has never existed. The most tedious, false and fatuous monicker to be applied to any human being, ever.

Rubbish, he has a smug face when his clubs are winning, he may have been born with it but Smug Eddie is up there with the best ever PL monikers. The **** Thunderbird :smile:

47EB96E6-39A6-475E-B155-9B54B10E8C2E.jpeg

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Even better. Mandatory 10 mins on the sidelines for any head injury.

Another thing football could learn from rugby union - players with head injuries, suspected or otherwise, compelled to leave the field for a Head Injury Assessment (HIA) and only allowed back on when cleared. Temp sub allowed.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Wasn't just Wolves though was it?

Aaron Connolly, rub your head in shame...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
yeah that's what i meant - team has no choice ref makes the decision, also think all yellow cards should attract 10 mins off pitch as well

And a lifetime ban for a red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here