Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-match opera? Great idea. Said no one ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've had Donna Marie Hughes in twice - and both times it was superb, and created a better atmosphere, not ruined it. Being sung by tenors would be better still..

This. She was good, the girl -but utterly impossible for a football crowd t sing along with. Tenors way more suitable, IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What next a Yorkshire brass band when we host Rotherham next month.

Agreed, this is a TERRIBLE idea. The Welsh will be singing along and loving every minute of it and warming their vocal chords up to out sing us throughout the match. The Welsh bloody love a sing song. This will result in the inevitable NSC thread after the game " worst atmosphere ever from the Albion fans" :wink:

Wheel probably loose too and Sami won't clap the fans afterwards :down:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
How about during a match there could be a string quartet wafting Hayden's er 15th in C Major whilst everyone sits in silence listening?

Opening movement of Carmina Burana would get the fans going.

Or if you want something moving for the fans to listen in revered silence: the Adagio from Mahler Symphony no. 5

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Winning formula? They've gone in the right direction, but people still aren't singing it properly. The best way to get people sing is to sing along. Our lot can't do it alone, as has been proved.

We've had Donna Marie Hughes in twice - and both times it was superb, and created a better atmosphere, not ruined it. Being sung by tenors would be better still.

Nope.

So says the ultimate YES man!! crap Idea if you ask me!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like the idea - it went down alright the last time i was there to see it (was it Watford in 11/12?). Some will love it, some will hate it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

We sung this a few years ago at lancing college. There were a few eyebrows raised with the content...I don't know if you have ever googled the words..it's actually a very innuendo filled piece.

Looking forward to seeing the tenors...apologies to anyone stood by me as I tend to sing along loudly. Nessum dorma sung by a woman is just wrong and doesn't sound right at all! Although the lady soprano last year was lovely.

This may encourage me to get there before 7:45!

Sung men of Harlech at a concert for the sussex regiment many years ago at the royal Albert hall. Beautiful tenor lines in there, if I can remember them

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
This is the only midweek that I can't make....would have loved to see Nessun Dorma...always sends a shiver down my spine.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

We sung this a few years ago at lancing college. There were a few eyebrows raised with the content...I don't know if you have ever googled the words..it's actually a very innuendo filled piece.

Looking forward to seeing the tenors...apologies to anyone stood by me as I tend to sing along loudly. Nessum dorma sung by a woman is just wrong and doesn't sound right at all! Although the lady soprano last year was lovely.

This may encourage me to get there before 7:45!

It's hardly sacred liturgical punk:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least they won't be singing some Far Eastern ditty to inspire FC Malaysian Dragons.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do they know where Harlech is?

Perhaps they plan to make a return visit for the Blackburn game and entertain them with Ilkley Moor baht at

I'm sure they do. Did you know that Men of Harlech is a Cardiff City song anyway?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I like the idea - it went down alright the last time i was there to see it (was it Watford in 11/12?). Some will love it, some will hate it.

Those that hate it can always go their own way. No pressure.

'Sussex by the Sea' sung by a male voice choir - I first suggested this on the Roar a month ago - or a Wad of Tenors (don't know what the collective noun is) would be stunning, whether on CD or live in the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here