Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-match opera? Great idea. Said no one ever.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I thought it was great, they can come again. Nothing like Nessun Dorma being belted out just before a footy match :thumbsup:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I thought it was great, they can come again. Nothing like Nessun Dorma being belted out just before a footy match :thumbsup:
Agree they were brilliant, although the Men of Harlech might have inspired Marshall a tad too much, the match did resemble the stand by the Welshmen at Rorkes Drift at times!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Taul3z3v_QReally depends on age and taste...when I was in my early teens...(18) Rock'n'Roll was born,Buddy Holly,Big Bopper,Fats Domino...after years of listening to 40s swing, R&R was a breath of fresh air,my thoughts then were,how can anybody listen to opera...how taste change,it will for you as well....I love Opera (light)...would've loved to be in this crowd...:thumbsup::thumbsup::blush::bigwave::bigwave::lolol::lolol::lol::lol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps a balance can now be brought in, with a football pitch laid down in Covent Garden so that all Opera goers have to see a football game before they take up their seats in the Opera House.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Taul3z3v_QReally depends on age and taste...when I was in my early teens...(18) Rock'n'Roll was born,Buddy Holly,Big Bopper,Fats Domino...after years of listening to 40s swing, R&R was a breath of fresh air,my thoughts then were,how can anybody listen to opera...how taste change,it will for you as well....I love Opera (light)...would've loved to be in this crowd...:thumbsup::thumbsup::blush::bigwave::bigwave::lolol::lolol::lol::lol:

Great clip, stuff opera does stars on 45 for a fun evening in the square.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Great stuff - nice hint to our fans what the actual words to Sussex by the Sea are..:lolol:

I thought the same, I don't normally get a programme but noticed the proper words and two verses in there. Maybe Tony's a traditionalist and would like these words sung.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I thought the same, I don't normally get a programme but noticed the proper words and two verses in there. Maybe Tony's a traditionalist and would like these words sung.

Hmm, when you see the Cardiff fans belting out "Men of Harlech" - why not ? Dah dah dah dah dah dah dah doesn't really cut it, don't you think ?;o)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here