Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Luciano Becchio, DJ Campbell, Connor Wickham?

I think a bid for Ricardo Vaz Te would be ideal, he hasn't had a chance in the premier league for West Ham and he was absolutely sensational last season in the Championship.

Vaz Te is injured and was very much part of Westham until his injury

Dec 29, 2011
I think a Wayne Bridge type loan or a player from Spain/Germany would be a better option than spending big on a striker. I wouldn't trust Gus with £5m to buy a player, let alone a striker, especially when he doesn't change his tactics to fit them in when things don't work out.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would be DELIGHTED if we could entice John Guidetti on loan from City until the end of the season

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wickham is the only free option that's realistic in my opinion, he plays for the U 21's and is banging them in, although fletcher got injured didn't he?

Wickham has been featuring for Sunderland recently - cant see him leaving at the moment, if we had already loaned him he would have probably been recalled already.

Chris Wood is still possible, though with his low price-tag and decent haul of goals for the scary Millwall, there will be a good few clubs interested.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think a Wayne Bridge type loan or a player from Spain/Germany would be a better option than spending big on a striker. I wouldn't trust Gus with £5m to buy a player, let alone a striker, especially when he doesn't change his tactics to fit them in when things don't work out.

This is what im hoping for.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Here we go again, he'll bleat on about this all January before signing two mediocre midfielders in deadline day, both painfully slow one of them defensive. Sparrow, Harley and Dicker will still be here.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Here we go again, he'll bleat on about this all January before signing two mediocre midfielders in deadline day, both painfully slow one of them defensive. Sparrow, Harley and Dicker will still be here.

I'm going to bounce this thread on transfer deadline day. I'm going to quote you. And everybody is going to laugh at you.

(I hope)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Darren Bent isn't getting a game for Villa at the moment :moo:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I think it's fairly obvious that players like Lukaku and Crouch won't drop down to the Championship. It's silly to even think it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Is Lukaku not at a championship club on loan at the moment?

He's at West Brom and he looks like a very good prospect. He won't drop down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here