Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
you tell me different. We are still losing money if you listen to reports from reliable people on here, if money was around I am sure he would have spent it in August..........

We weren't desperate for a striker in August. We needed to strengthen in other areas. Now we are desperate for a striker.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We weren't desperate for a striker in August. We needed to strengthen in other areas. Now we are desperate for a striker.

we not desperate at all, a small change to the "system" especailly at home will make a massive differeance to how many goals we get, but I do appreciate we need the target man, Im just not sure about having enough money to buy him, running Brighton with all the transport issues costs a massive amount of money and that will affect our spend in January. Dont get me wrong, I hope there is cash and we do buy this target man, but I just cant see it. We have heard all this before every transfer window and get let down or get a donkey in on loan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm pretty certain the warchest is available for signings. The other side of the coin is that long term sustainability is needed particularly with FFP coming, so that is what Paul Barber is working on. Expect new sponsorships, commercial partnerships and a way more favourable catering contract to be announced in the next few months.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poyet may want to spend big but does Bloom. August 31sts little spree on Dobbie, Lopez etc was a total waste of money and will Bloom want to see the same again ?

The worrying thing is that neither of those two would have come cheap (after signing on fees and wages)...

A big signing doesn't just mean a big transfer fee. Its also likely to be s big agent fee, maybe a signing on fee and certainly not small wages.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would Dobbie and Lopez have been expensive what were their options I am not so sure that they had the world at their feet as regards opportunities.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This could easily be a bit of scheming by Gus. Speak of disappointment and the likely acquisition of players who will take over from those not finishing off what we need them to. Get those currently leading the line to be so determined to prove they're needed and capable and on a run we go again. They have just a few games to do it in, and it starts tonight. Gus with this test of handling pressure will discover whether CMS and in particular the Hosk have it in them. All this talk of waiting to see if the Hosk comes good after a run in the team is not what we have time or space for. It's now or never. I think tonight's first half will see us go a couple of goals up. BANG BANG.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Maybe with fair play rules it makes sense to spend big now if we are going to ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think I may have found our man in the German league. Takes a quality penalty so will fit right in! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here