Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whoever it is, let's hope that some serious scouting has been done before the signatures go on a contract.

Football isn't an exact science. A player can have a good pedigree, such as Dobbie, and it still doesn't 'click'. If it was, then every team would have exactly what they wanted and we'd still be on a level playing field, so to speak.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i think he will be italian and from manchester not Balotelli :whistle:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Football isn't an exact science. A player can have a good pedigree, such as Dobbie, and it still doesn't 'click'. If it was, then every team would have exactly what they wanted and we'd still be on a level playing field, so to speak.

That's far too sensible.

I hope whoever we sign is prepared for some of our fucktard fans who will be calling them shite if they don't score 10 in their first 5 games.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I think someone got their words muddled up.

Poyet wants to spend on a BIG striker

Peter+Crouch

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

good shout.

has to be a loan signing or Gus has just doubled the size of the check Tony has to sign.

Im assuming Macheda from United but would love Guidetti from City (okay so that is not going to happen)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I imagine Gus would sell Bridcutt if the player outrightly demanded it and the money was damn right. Bridders could well think he's a bit better than Norwich, but they're on a run at present and as long as they virtually guaranteed him a starting place then he could well be attracted - along with the doubling of pay. Hammond and Crofts aren't as ball-nickingly aggressive as Bridders, but we wouldn't be as considerably puny as we may have been last season without him.I'd miss him, but loyalty is a longdead currencyand i'd wish him all the bestest. If it took about £3m or £4m for Norwich to nab him and we got in a goal machine and an upandcoming midfield beefcake, then i could live with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps he needs a Jason Roberts kind of player. Too old to run around like a labrador, experienced at the top level, holds the ball up, and tucks away presentable chances once a game.

Or a decent loan player?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
good shout.

has to be a loan signing or Gus has just doubled the size of the check Tony has to sign.

Im assuming Macheda from United but would love Guidetti from City (okay so that is not going to happen)

Might not be loan !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mr. L Messi of Barcelona should do nicely

True. And Andy Gray has said he needs to prove himself over here so this could be Messi's opportunity to show he is truly world class.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Macheda looks lumbering and predictable whenever I watch him. However, that is in the Premier League so I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of him scoring plenty at this level. All we want is someone a lot better than the shithouse strikers we've currently got at our disposal.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Luciano Becchio, DJ Campbell, Connor Wickham?

I think a bid for Ricardo Vaz Te would be ideal, he hasn't had a chance in the premier league for West Ham and he was absolutely sensational last season in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here