Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants Re(hab)conciliation Bloom says No No No

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think deep down he would still like the job, the apparent problem is he fell out with a senior member of the club staff at another club in the North London area, when this person was subsequently employed by the club Gus Poyet allegedly made it clear there was an issue, clearly they cannot resolve their differences and TB, ever the gambler, has backed the 'cert' in his opinion.

This.
If Poyet is questioning his commitment to the cause, how is he supposed to get the players to commit to the club? His negative attitude towards the club will rub off on the players. It would be a hard ask to inspire a team to play the football that got us into the Playoffs. Who's to say the negative attitude seeping through the camp didn't affect our Playoff performances?

put these two together

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You clearly either (a) know something that Tony Bloom doesn't, or (b) don't trust Tony to run BHAFC in it's best interests ???

You either clearly have evidence that it is Tony Bloom who wants Gus to leave or (b) hope that this is the case and thinks that if you keep talking about it your vison will come true.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So would you rather have

A) a successful Manager but is open he would want to join a bigger club if he had the chance

Or

B) a manger who is rubbish making no progress but is desperate to stay?

Have you ever thought it might not be mainly between Gus and Bloom?

Until the truth comes out people should stop being so negative.

Sorry but it remains fairly clear to me. I absolutely respect enormously the good job Gus has done but.......

Having followed Brighton for 38+ years, I cannot respect a manager who on a number of occasions has bitched about lack of budget and apparently touted himself for other jobs (e.g. like to manage Leeds, Zaragoza, Spurs, Chelsea and more latterly a premier league team). While of course ambition is a good thing, Gus has a lot to learn in terms of managing the media and I would suggest also the expectations of Board members and supporters.

Regardless of what has or hasn't happened his interview post-Palace was very poor and he should have batted away the questions.

I don't recall Alan Mullery constantly hankering after the Spurs job and he actually took us to the top division.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeh Vicente said the same thing. Then what would he know. You clearly know more

There will always be players that don't like the manager for what ever reason. For everything Vicente said, Dicker pretty much said the opposite. When you include what Bennett said on Twitter and even one who he fell out with (Forster) sticking up for him (+ Bridge interview pre play offs) I would say he gets on with his players. Players came to the club because of Poyet.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So would you rather have

A) a successful Manager but is open he would want to join a bigger club if he had the chance

Or

B) a manger who is rubbish making no progress but is desperate to stay?

Have you ever thought it might not be mainly between Gus and Bloom?

Until the truth comes out people should stop being so negative.

This is a ridiculous post. You make it sound like these are the only two options/outcomes. There is no guarantee that Poyet will get us promoted next year and you can't say we won't end up with a better manager who takes what has been achieved so far and takes us further.

A lot of people suspect that it could be all down to a clash of egos between Gus & Barber, so perhaps TB has less to do with it all than you think.

But the reality is that none of us have a clue! It is strongly advised that everyone sits firmly on the fence until we know the full story...

All we actually know for now is that Gus breached his contract by neglecting to negotiate player contracts on the basis that he could be leaving - If this is ALL that he did, and he ends up staying, the anti-Gus brigade will all have egg on their faces

Again, another ridiculous post. Barber is Tony Bloom's man and is carrying out what TB wants in terms of the club. As for 'neglecting' to negotiate contracts, you make it sound like he accidentally missed that item in his diary. He chose not to negotiate/deal with those contracts.

Seems there are some that are clinging to the possibility Poyet may stay. There is no way he would stay without losing credibility, especially amongst the players and he is too arrogant, as most managers are, to do that. He doesn't need to walk into another job straight away so provided he is released he can afford to wait for the right position to come up. TB can't take the chance of allowing an unmotivated manager to come back just so he can bide his time till a better job comes up.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Again it will depend on being pro or anti gus. In the real world he will get on with some players and not so well with others. It wont be black and white and might depend on if he is picking you each week.

I am a gutted they way things have worked out, and yes Gus can be up himself but given the chance I would welcome him back, as we may not get someone like him again for a while. But it could work for both parties if he does go.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Poyet can **** off. Would rather we paid him out rather than keep him. The bloke is a snake.

I agree with you on this, not quite as strongly mind, best for all concerned if we move on now.
We will have quality candidates to choose from

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure we were talking about Tony V Gus, I will always back Tony Bloom. But what are everyone's thoughts of Gus Staying or going??. So what you have said is if Gus & Tony sort it out then 95% of people will be happy as Tony is the boss?

What I have said is that if there is a reconciliation the first small sequence of poor results will probably tip the poll to 99% goodbye Gus. And, the first thing put up on here will be along the lines of " We should never have kept him anyway"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You either clearly have evidence that it is Tony Bloom who wants Gus to leave or (b) hope that this is the case and thinks that if you keep talking about it your vison will come true.

My evidence is that when I met Tony he stated that the choice of manager is one of the chairman's most important roles.

From this it is clear that Tony is handling this personally and not taking a hands off role in proceedings.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Name 1 other player to say he didn't get on? in fact former players came to defend Gus!

No current player could say anything without a uber bollocking and likely being listed straight away. How many former players do you ever see criticising Management? Very few, a) what's the point and b) if they're still playing they won't want to get known as troublemakers.

I've no reason to believe he doesn't "get on" with players but that's quite different to inspiring them to the very highest levels of performance

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Gus and the players get on well still.

He may get on with the players, but my point was that he has an issue with the club, and this will seep through to the players. Although the players may back Gus, the output of the team could be affected. This could be why Bloom suspended him, to stop the Poyet vs Board becoming Poyet+Players vs Board. I'm sure the manager has the ear of the players, that's natural. But do you think the players have heard the boards' side of the story from anyone other than Gus, who may be a little biased?

I agree that Gus brought the players to the club, and they play for him. However you have to ask yourself if having a manager at the club who constantly whines about playing budget publicly and goes on about every other job going is right for our journey. This is Brighton and Hove Albion, not Poyet and Hove Albion. Managers will come and go, but the fans wont.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We will have quality candidates to choose from

Will we though? Every choice of manager is a gamble it could go horribly wrong or we could walk the league. The worry for me though is it would be a gamble, why didn't the new bloke get a job at one of the Premier League teams. Personally I would prefer continuity and that is Poyet building on what has gone before. Obviously it its going to be a hell of a turn around for him to be here for pre-season though

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm expecting to see an advert on saturday with Gus Poyet holding a copy of The People exclaiming, "Read the TRUTH about my time with Brighton" and the words "explosive exclusive" to be flashed across the screen.

This saga has legs.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
What I have said is that if there is a reconciliation the first small sequence of poor results will probably tip the poll to 99% goodbye Gus. And, the first thing put up on here will be along the lines of " We should never have kept him anyway"

Okay point taken but its a real mess and all of us as one want it sorted one way or another. There will be divides on who we employ, or If Gus stays. End of the day we support the same team fighting for the same thing, so whatever Tony does we should back him 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here