Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants Re(hab)conciliation Bloom says No No No

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The question is for what reason is his heart no longer at the club... Forget the fact he wants to manage in the Prem with or without us we knew that all the long, now answer the question.[/QUO

You have answered your own question, since he wants to manage in the premiership and he implies from his interviews that we do not have the money to achieve that.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The gus lovers will always be gus lovers. He could have an affair with their wives and they will still claim its because he's ambitious. Why on earth would you want someone who does NOT want to to be here. The bloke is a fool

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The gus lovers will always be gus lovers. He could have an affair with their wives and they will still claim its because he's ambitious. Why on earth would you want someone who does NOT want to to be here. The bloke is a fool

only one answer to that

4th

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Made up like most other things on here.

Really? You're trying to tell me that not everything on NSC is true ... well that's just crazy talk. I can't think of a place where I've heard such balanced, courteous and meaningful discussion that has been non-political and never been written to inflate people's ego's or to justify some act or decision that is clearly wrong. Just sayin'

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So would you rather have

A) a successful Manager but is open he would want to join a bigger club if he had the chance

Or

B) a manger who is rubbish making no progress but is desperate to stay?

Have you ever thought it might not be mainly between Gus and Bloom?

Until the truth comes out people should stop being so negative.

I doubt "the truth" (facts) will ever come out but regardless of who said or did what there's no way back for Poyet imo. Key ingredients of successful Managers (at whatever level) is their ability to inspire, motivate and energise etc etc. In the extreme the best can make average players look brilliant and the worst make great players ineffective.

Having a Manager who doesn't really want to be here and who has such a fractious relationship with his employers and that has been splashed all over the media is a recipe for disaster ... not a question of if but when

May 18, 2013
A lot of people suspect that it could be all down to a clash of egos between Gus & Barber, so perhaps TB has less to do with it all than you think.

But the reality is that none of us have a clue! It is strongly advised that everyone sits firmly on the fence until we know the full story...

All we actually know for now is that Gus breached his contract by neglecting to negotiate player contracts on the basis that he could be leaving - If this is ALL that he did, and he ends up staying, the anti-Gus brigade will all have egg on their faces

A personality clash between Gus and Barber would not give grounds for the assistant manager and coach to be suspended and there would not appear to be any need for suspensions or an investigation if it was purely over the failing to negotiate the player contracts - Gus either did this or he didn't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are you saying because a higher number of fans (not sure of the final outcome % wise) on a internet forum say this, it means the majority of us want him out?

On the Team Bloom v Team Gus poll I think the percentage was aproxx Pro Bloom, 95%. Pro Gus, er 5%. If they do patch things up and there is a blip of maybe 2 draws and 3 defeats in a row, what percentage so you think we will have then ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When you've started to think about going it's the time to go; how can he regain that enthusiasm for the job and how can the team wholeheartedly believe he's here for the "whole project" if he's thinking about every Premiership job that comes up (if he is).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was anti Gus a couple weeks ago.

As was I. Things I heard changed my mind. I don't think there's any way back for him now though, it's time to move on, rightly or wrongly (wrongly).

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I was anti Gus a couple weeks ago.

And there you go! Perhaps you could try and remember this little detail when you scoff at people who do not have your apparent source! Could I ask, do you have sources that would view this matter objectively?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
On the Team Bloom v Team Gus poll I think the percentage was aproxx Pro Bloom, 95%. Pro Gus, er 5%. If they do patch things up and there is a blip of maybe 2 draws and 3 defeats in a row, what percentage so you think we will have then ?

Not sure we were talking about Tony V Gus, I will always back Tony Bloom. But what are everyone's thoughts of Gus Staying or going??. So what you have said is if Gus & Tony sort it out then 95% of people will be happy as Tony is the boss?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think deep down he would still like the job, the apparent problem is he fell out with a senior member of the club staff at another club in the North London area, when this person was subsequently employed by the club Gus Poyet allegedly made it clear there was an issue, clearly they cannot resolve their differences and TB, ever the gambler, has backed the 'cert' in his opinion.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I doubt "the truth" (facts) will ever come out but regardless of who said or did what there's no way back for Poyet imo. Key ingredients of successful Managers (at whatever level) is their ability to inspire, motivate and energise etc etc. In the extreme the best can make average players look brilliant and the worst make great players ineffective.

Having a Manager who doesn't really want to be here and who has such a fractious relationship with his employers and that has been splashed all over the media is a recipe for disaster ... not a question of if but when

This.
If Poyet is questioning his commitment to the cause, how is he supposed to get the players to commit to the club? His negative attitude towards the club will rub off on the players. It would be a hard ask to inspire a team to play the football that got us into the Playoffs. Who's to say the negative attitude seeping through the camp didn't affect our Playoff performances?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
This.
If Poyet is questioning his commitment to the cause, how is he supposed to get the players to commit to the club? His negative attitude towards the club will rub off on the players. It would be a hard ask to inspire a team to play the football that got us into the Playoffs. Who's to say the negative attitude seeping through the camp didn't affect our Playoff performances?

Gus and the players get on well still.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I think deep down he would still like the job, the apparent problem is he fell out with a senior member of the club staff at another club in the North London area, when this person was subsequently employed by the club Gus Poyet allegedly made it clear there was an issue, clearly they cannot resolve their differences and TB, ever the gambler, has backed the 'cert' in his opinion.

I accept that they may not get on, but it is not grounds to suspend him, and certainly not tanno and charlie. Use that as grounds then you will lose in court without doubt.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The question is for what reason is his heart no longer at the club... Forget the fact he wants to manage in the Prem with or without us we knew that all the long, now answer the question.

It is not for me to answer that question.I only know what I have read and heard;just like you.
However,use your intelligence/imagination and it is not difficult to garner some thoughts as to why he may wish he was elsewhere,given his 'outbursts'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here