Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet tonight.....5 at the back with 2 holding.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How's the annihilation going?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sunderland really should have equalised, they made a decent game of it in the second half.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Sunderland had taken the game to Liverpool from the start, like they did when they went 2-0 down, they might even be walking away with all 3 points tonight...Shame Poyet didn't show the sort of spirit towards the end with us, instead of sitting with his arms folded and his head in his coat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sunderland really should have equalised, they made a decent game of it in the second half.
They sure did. I guess Kev got it wrong.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
kevtherev in "getting something wrong" shocker...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got it wrong in the sense they didn't get canned. See above post!!!
I'll take a look.
If Sunderland had taken the game to Liverpool from the start, like they did when they went 2-0 down, they might even be walking away with all 3 points tonight...
That's hugely unlikely.
Game was lost with the starting line up. They could have got something tonight with a more positive outlook from the start.
That's rubbish. They could have got something with an equaliser near the end, and nearly did. They did better than anyone expected, but you just want to say that Gus got it wrong, because you think he's rubbish. None of the pundits will be saying the same as you will they.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Liverpool played like a team who haven't won the championship in 20 odd years and know how close they are...They still won,,christ on a bike are people really trying to big Poyet up after they lost again???....Yes Sunderland showed a bit of spirit, so they should they are fighting for their lives. They will still go down.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He'll never admit it, like he didn't when Vicente played ten games before the end of the season.

Oh yeah, I was really wrong about Vicente, what a contribution he made to the cause......where was he when most needed and fit??? .....Oh yeah, sitting on his arse when fit, because he had fallen out with the tosser I was so wrong about as well.....The whole Vicente sage could have had a fantastic ending, on a magical night at the Amex against our biggest rivals and then he could have strutted his stuff at Wembley, in the play off final.....But once Poyet decided he was off, it was all scuppered.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One of the best England teams I've seen was Hoddle's World Cup team - we played three centre backs and two holding midfielders (Ince and Batty).

We weren't that good. Knocked out in the second round against the first true contenders for the trophy we faced. We also lost one of the group games too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yeah, I was really wrong about Vicente, what a contribution he made to the cause......where was he when most needed and fit??? .....Oh yeah, sitting on his arse when fit, because he had fallen out with the tosser I was so wrong about as well.....The whole Vicente sage could have had a fantastic ending, on a magical night at the Amex against our biggest rivals and then he could have strutted his stuff at Wembley, in the play off final.....But once Poyet decided he was off, it was all scuppered.

That doesn't alter the fact that you said Vicente wouldn't play in ten games until the end of the 2011/12 season which he did. Don't try to wriggle out of it by posting insults about others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here