Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet tonight.....5 at the back with 2 holding.....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was talking about the German club sides

Then I apologise.

However, have they? The Champions League always goes in cycles. For a few years, the English teams are great, then the Spanish, then the Italians, then the Germans. Throw in a few wild cards, Dutch, Portugese etc. Nothing different there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I really hope not because the possession football philosophy of Barcelona is now in the past.

The Germans have found a way to combat that type of football and it has been embraced by the top teams in the PL now. Playing with pace and power with players that are strong and athletic is the way forward. The teams that are above us in the Championship are now playing this way so I cannot believe we are going to persevere with the tippy-tappy possession football because it has been sussed out.

Personally i don't think thats an accurate description of our football..its a term that may have been relevant at one stage...but we play a heck of a lot more longer stuff that we have before

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a look at the table shows Sunderland as good as got a result last night. win their game in hand they are above palace, a 3 goal tonking as Liverpool have been dishing out would leave them in the bottom 3.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are not going up playing this style unless millions are spent on the players to do it.There will be a mass exidios in the summer and a new team will need to be built.....If Jones is having the input I believe he is having, we could be in serious trouble next season.

is this spanish for exodus? ....i think you have a point about this summer...not sure of ''millions'' ...but with out of contract staff etc ..one would have though there would need to be a statement of intent by the club...remembering the murmurings in the January transfer window by various players of a lack of spending ...of course we do have to finish this season first!

Also it has to be said that you do take a fair bit of abuse..some of it brought about by yourself...but you take it all without posting replies that get personal...and at least you are consistent!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
is this spanish for exodus? ....i think you have a point about this summer...not sure of ''millions'' ...but with out of contract staff etc ..one would have though there would need to be a statement of intent by the club...remembering the murmurings in the January transfer window by various players of a lack of spending ...of course we do have to finish this season first!

Also it has to be said that you do take a fair bit of abuse..some of it brought about by yourself...but you take it all without posting replies that get personal...and at least you are consistent!

Thanks, I can never see the point in getting personal, when you don't know the person in question. They could be a really nice people who just share a different view about football, than you do. I think when people start getting abusive it says at lot more about them, then the person they are aiming it at.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Jones is British so he must be brilliant.

Not if he's employed by the Albion, who happen to have just lost.
Perhaps Belgiumish would be more fitting, the next in line to be 'attacked'.

Had the Albion won, everybody becomes neutral, to the point of not being discussed, Switerlandish, if you like.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
a look at the table shows Sunderland as good as got a result last night. win their game in hand they are above palace, a 3 goal tonking as Liverpool have been dishing out would leave them in the bottom 3.

Mr.Poyet, that's pushing positive thinking to the extreme. Back to reality:

Sunderland's recent results:
Man C lost, no LCF glory, zero silverware
Hull lost, knocked out of FAC
Palace draw, 1 point from home game against fellow struggler
Norwich lost, 0 points against fellow strugglers
LFC lost, 0 points

Next fixtures:
West Ham
Tottenham
Everton
Man C
Chelsea

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So is that how you play Liverpool, at Anfield?
Esp when you're still kidding you're you a Champions League side.

Go 2-0, then concede 2 more, and go out with a whimper.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The outclassing of Spurs today shows what a decent effort Sunderland made during the week.

If only they'd had a British manager like, say, Tim Sherwood.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here