Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What on earth has he done wrong with us?

1. PUBLICLY Whored himself to every possible club whilst managing OUR club.
2. Minutes after blowing a play off semi final publicly announcing he has no intention of staying unless we bow to HIS player budget demands despite having a lengthy contract.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2. Minutes after blowing a play off semi final publicly announcing he has no intention of staying unless we bow to HIS player budget demands despite having a lengthy contract.

Talk about emotive rubbish...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Well, that's one interpretation anyway.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm working on a script at the moment for the film (Uncle Spielberg is lined up to direct)
Scene 357
Nando's at Brighton Marina
The duty manager opens the door 15 minutes after the last customer has gone.
Gus and Tony sit down at a table.

I am pretty busy at the moment and I also charge 20 million US dollars a film. Can you afford me ?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I don't know what happened or why, but something certainly did around January because Gus seemed to change. Perhaps he wasn't given the funds in January he wanted, who knows. What was pretty obvious was that he seemed to lack the enthusiasm at matches, often sitting there with his arms crossed and rarely getting animated like the season before.

I thought it a bit strange at the time that when I tuned into Seagulls World for the pre-match press conferences that Gus was missing as often as not and Tanno or Charlie would be taking his place. There never seemed to be much of an explanation why.

Although I am sure he wanted us to be promoted, I wonder if his post match interview after the Palace game he was really saying that without the funds he couldn't progress us and this is what happens when, in his eyes, you penny pinch.

All very sad but we move on.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Although I am sure he wanted us to be promoted, I wonder if his post match interview after the Palace game he was really saying that without the funds he couldn't progress us and this is what happens when, in his eyes, you penny pinch.

Two words completely dispell Poyets nonsense about not having funds to get out the division. CRYSTAL PALACE.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
D-Day looms for Poyet

9:00am Saturday 15th June 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Gus Poyet is facing a disciplinary hearing
Gus Poyet is facing D-Day in his fight with Albion.

The Seagulls’ suspended manager has a disciplinary hearing with club officials on Monday.

It is unclear when a final decision will be made about allegations of several breaches of contract by Poyet.

But a verdict is expected by the end of next week as preparations for next season gather pace.

The Argus understands.... ! The Argus does not know for sure..... !

Maybe... this has been leaked to the Argus in an attempt to get Gus to even turn up. As he is maybe... not even replying to any contact attempts (you can make an offer via email and put a date for return on it)

Maybe I will just get my coat.....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Over the years I have made many settlement payments to employees which might not be strictly justified or warranted but are intended to "oil tbe wheels" to resolve an issue expeditiously. Normal business practise and they leave with a reference they otherwise would not have. Certainly nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of the issue.
Your last statement is the nub of it. "Never accept the first offer" is an inviolable rule.
I would add that "dont get too greedy" is another

Any agreement would likely include a statement agreed, by both sides and an undertaking to make no further comment. We may never really know what happened, but at least there is the opportunity to move on.
Sadly this could also means we will have to put up with the usual know-nothings embellishing their conspiracy theories and club connections for years to come.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know what happened or why, but something certainly did around January because Gus seemed to change. Perhaps he wasn't given the funds in January he wanted, who knows. What was pretty obvious was that he seemed to lack the enthusiasm at matches, often sitting there with his arms crossed and rarely getting animated like the season before.

I thought it a bit strange at the time that when I tuned into Seagulls World for the pre-match press conferences that Gus was missing as often as not and Tanno or Charlie would be taking his place. There never seemed to be much of an explanation why.

I get where you are coming from, but he purchased Ulloa and signed Upson in January. I think what has irritated a lot of fans is that Gus has blamed the budget ,when in reality he was given a generous amount and had a very very competitive squad. I know he had to sell some players in order to buy ,but some managers have to sell their best players and never get any money to spend.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
When we KNOW so little, I don't understand the strong anti-Poyet feeling over this.

IF the investigation ends and we find he hasn't done anything that constitutes gross misconduct, then he could rightly feel aggrieved over his treatment. The whole episode could leave a stain on his reputation that he never erases

All the time that we know so little about this and therefore can't make a definite call over who has handled things badly, I just can't get angry with Gus at all. The situation needs resolving though, and the longer it drags the more shabby I think the club looks.
This - assuming there is no further info in the next 11 pages or so I haven't read yet :D

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Exactly. Seems some cannot grasp that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And the saga goes on & on & on

I wish he would just feck off now, I dont care for the man only the club.

It is sad because of all the good things he has done for our club, but I am starting to hate the man.

All the good things he has done for the club are in the main down to Falmer planning permission being granted and Tony Bloom providing a massive injection of cash. Impossible to say if a different manager would have done better or worse given the same happy set of circumstances. I strongly suspect they would, providing the chairman avoided the usual members of the Serial British Loser Managers club. Poyet's nowhere nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Camicus

I love Gus's style of play I love the flair and the skill and the way we play football.

I LOATH the way Gus has spat his dummy out time after time about funds the weather someone looking at him funny on the A23.

If we don't have the funds he requires then we are not the club for him if he cant manage on the funds we have to keep us within FFP then he is not the manager for us.

He needs to show some gratitude to the club for the chance they gave him if he cant get it in to his head hes not bigger than the club (that goes for any club he will manage) then he needs to be gone.

If PB/TB capitulated to his ever bigger demands and the club went bankrupt they would be irresponsible in the extreme. How people can back GP over the board is a massive mystery to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here