Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Doncha just love all the fickle revisionists on here, now saying that Poyet is rubbish when he is/was nothing of the sort.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
several of us have made that point already - so 8 pages wasnt enough!
Cool. I'll try and labour through pages 9-14 later:blush:

I just recall the initial breaking Sky news story was that Poyet had offered to resign, so cannot imagine how or why the "offer to quit" would involve us paying him a penny!

TUT Page 10 :lol:

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When I first saw the opening post I read it as Poyet had rejected the offer of leaving with a pay-off because he actually wanted to stay as manager. Seems a lonely thought after reading the rest of the thread.

Still hoping he stays

I saw that as a possible interpretation, but didn't see an appropriate place to add it to the conversation.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are you for real? So little idea of human nature? For the last time, I have never said or hinted he has no reason to feel upset, anyone in that situation will feel upset. My comment directly related to US saying ".....reason enough to want to **** the club up....". That is emotive rubbish however you read it. Now get of your high horse and grow up.

"Not make things easy for the club" might be less extreme a way to put it, but the way US put it is no more emotive rubbish than anything else that has been said.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Doncha just love all the fickle revisionists on here, now saying that Poyet is rubbish when he is/was nothing of the sort.
I've wanted Poyet gone for over a year, and there will probably be none happier than me when its confirmed next week.

But even though I have rolled of a list of reasons on other thread why I would be delighted to see the back of him, even I would struggle to justify calling him rubbish!! Overhyped, very limited, but never rubbish.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What a joke, he implies he wants out after the loss to Palace, then, because he realizes no one will want him he's trying to hold the club to ransom. Can't have it both ways Gus :rolleyes:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
"Not make things easy for the club" might be less extreme a way to put it, but the way US put it is no more emotive rubbish than anything else that has been said.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. The "I wouldn't employ..." bits were tongue in cheek btw. It's admirable that you felt you had to defend US against my 'hard line', but I assure you I wouldn't have lasted five minutes in a position responsible for the welfare of almost 200 people if I didn't know a thing or two about human nature.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What a joke, he implies he wants out after the loss to Palace, then, because he realizes no one will want him he's trying to hold the club to ransom. Can't have it both ways Gus :rolleyes:
But you presume we have offered Gus money to leave. Not that we have demanded money from Poyet to cancel his contract and his buy out clause!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus - 'the worst man in football' - 's relationship with Vicente one of our best ever players broke down.

Gus' relationship with Tony Bloom, one of our best ever chairmen has broken down.

Go Gus, just Go Now.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I have never expressed an anti Poyet opinion and I'm not going to start now but one thing that I've always wondered about is why he has been linked to so many jobs. Except for the 2 Manchester clubs he's been linked to nearly every available job in English football, it could be completely down to the media but not every manager e.g. Zola gets mentioned quite as much as Gus seems to be. As I say, is it purely the media or is it Poyet's agent doing his job or under instruction from Gus?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have never expressed an anti Poyet opinion and I'm not going to start now but one thing that I've always wondered about is why he has been linked to so many jobs. Except for the 2 Manchester clubs he's been linked to nearly every available job in English football, it could be completely down to the media but not every manager e.g. Zola gets mentioned quite as much as Gus seems to be. As I say, is it purely the media or is it Poyet's agent doing his job or under instruction from Gus?

Have always said this. When we were being bested by your Nigel Adkins and Brian McDermotts, or this season by your Malky Mackays, Zolas and Bruces it's Poyet's name that gets linked to other jobs all the time, rarely any of the other, more successful ones.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mr Bloom may be quite happy to hold for a while until the 2 remaining managerial jobs get filled, then call Gus back to reconsider an offer

It's all speculation that the offer is us paying him.

Equally, and perhaps more likely, it is an offer of a discount on what he needs to pay to buy out his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports