Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well in that case I'll add you to the list of "people I'm glad I don't employ" with US. Poyet is a professional. He'll understand that suspensions when allegations of breaches or contract, or any other terms of employment, are made that often all parties involved are suspended whilst an investigation takes place in order to protect all parties. He's hardly going to be thinking "aw, this isn't fair so I'm gonna **** the club up as much as possible". He'll do what he's done - keep schtum, go on holiday and let his lawyers do what they're paid for.

And I'm glad I'm not working for someone with so little idea of human nature.

The idea that he is upset over being suspended is no more emotive than comments redefining his past few years comments as touting himself for every job, no more emotive than redefining his post palace comments as a rant, no more emotive than suggesting he should be honoured to be given the chance to be working for brighton, no more emotive than suggesting we have blind faith in bloom because he has invested in the club, no more emotive than suggesting gus be given a pass because we were on the verge of going down to league one until he arrived, no more emotive than suggesting he should be given leeway because he produced some great football and attracted some big stars.

Everyone is using emotive arguments here, either to paint him as a bad guy or good guy. US, as emotive as he can be, is not any more so than anyone else, and it is certainly no more rubbish than anyone else.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There is not many top flight clubs left to offer him a job now, Malaga are pretty much the only club I can see him going to, and I doubt that will happen, so therefore the chances of us getting any compensation (within our needed timeframe) is not looking likely, as we need to sort this out, move on and start building for next year ASAP...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
And I'm glad I'm not working for someone with so little idea of human nature.

The idea that he is upset over being suspended is no more emotive than comments redefining his past few years comments as touting himself for every job, no more emotive than redefining his post palace comments as a rant, no more emotive than suggesting he should be honoured to be given the chance to be working for brighton, no more emotive than suggesting we have blind faith in bloom because he has invested in the club, no more emotive than suggesting gus be given a pass because we were on the verge of going down to league one until he arrived, no more emotive than suggesting he should be given leeway because he produced some great football and attracted some big stars.

Everyone is using emotive arguments here, either to paint him as a bad guy or good guy. US, as emotive as he can be, is not any more so than anyone else, and it is certainly no more rubbish than anyone else.

Are you for real? So little idea of human nature? For the last time, I have never said or hinted he has no reason to feel upset, anyone in that situation will feel upset. My comment directly related to US saying ".....reason enough to want to **** the club up....". That is emotive rubbish however you read it. Now get of your high horse and grow up.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
And the saga goes on & on & on

I wish he would just feck off now, I dont care for the man only the club.

It is sad because of all the good things he has done for our club, but I am starting to hate the man.

My sentiments entirely. Taxi for Poyet.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For me Poyet will always be the manager who had a top two squad and finished fourth. Thats it. Sad really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well in that case I'll add you to the list of "people I'm glad I don't employ" with US. Poyet is a professional. He'll understand that suspensions when allegations of breaches or contract, or any other terms of employment, are made that often all parties involved are suspended whilst an investigation takes place in order to protect all parties. He's hardly going to be thinking "aw, this isn't fair so I'm gonna **** the club up as much as possible". He'll do what he's done - keep schtum, go on holiday and let his lawyers do what they're paid for.

Don't worry mate I am self employed so can only sack myself.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
For me Poyet will always be the manager who had a top two squad and finished fourth. Thats it. Sad really.

Hmm, I'd say the first team might be top two, but not the squad. We squandered a lot of our points early/mid season when Bridge and Bruno were in and out injured and, Ulloa hadn't yet arrived. Didn't think fourth was too bad

Anyway, irrelevant now

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you for real? So little idea of human nature? For the last time, I have never said or hinted he has no reason to feel upset, anyone in that situation will feel upset. My comment directly related to US saying ".....reason enough to want to **** the club up....". That is emotive rubbish however you read it. Now get of your high horse and grow up.

You don't know the mindset of Poyet. I am certain some people who are suspended without basis, or in their judgement will do all they can do damage the employers reputation back. I find it hard to believe you find that so hard to grasp. Not all people are level headed. Never heard the expression " hell hath no fury than an Uruguayan scorned " ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

We where no way A top 2 side, maybe if all our players are fit and healthy we could contend for top 2, but that was not the case, lucky Gus got in Ulloa because We would have been left with Barker as our only striker for the vital part of our season... TBH I think Gus over achieved this season, at least We now have Playoff experience, which will help us next time We get there.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
:tantrum: because he doesn't play 442! :tantrum: because he wants more money to sign better players for us! :tantrum: because he dares to talk about a future after the Albion :tantrum: because his football is too slow for my taste :tantrum: because he doesn't hold the Albion in the highest regard, putting them above other clubs he's played for, or clubs in higher division :tantrum: because I'm a fickle reactionary football fan who can only think in absolutes and I'm upset about the palace loss so can't like him meaning I have to hate him :tantrum: because this is a message board and they bring out the most negative in people :tantrum:
Or maybe some people see that he is very limited in his ability, and has taken the club as far as he's capable of taking it! In his own words..... hit the roof.:wink:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You don't know the mindset of Poyet. I am certain some people who are suspended without basis, or in their judgement will do all they can do damage the employers reputation back. I find it hard to believe you find that so hard to grasp. Not all people are level headed. Never heard the expression " hell hath no fury than an Uruguayan scorned " ?

Can't say as I've heard that one, no.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
And some people are waiting to see both sides to the story before jumping to conclusions

All so unnecessary. Gus wanted to to leave and i think most fans agreed that it was perhaps time for a change of management for next season. So why bother with this farcical suspension nonsense. In reality, Gus has all the power - he's the one who's highly sought after.

I find it really sad to see so many negative or even aggressive comments about Gus on here now. I assume this is exactly what the club are trying to achieve.

Whatever happens now or whatever anti-Gus stories are leaked to the press, he'll still go down in history as one of the all time greatest Albion managers. I still love him and always will. We were utter turd when he took over. Under Gus we've played by far the best football i've ever seen in my 20 years plus of following the albion and provided me with some amazing and very special memories. Tony build the stadium, but Gus built the Albion on the pitch. Thanks Gus. I hope you do well at Swansea next season and i'll always treasure your time in charge.

Like it, agreed

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
When I first saw the opening post I read it as Poyet had rejected the offer of leaving with a pay-off because he actually wanted to stay as manager. Seems a lonely thought after reading the rest of the thread.

Still hoping he stays

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I've read through 8 pages of this, and it became the usual Pro/Anti Gus argument.

I Don't know if anyone else has mention this since, but one thing I didn't see in those 8 pages, is that "Poyet rejects offer" has been taken as everyone that we offered him money to go and he said no. (Now that would not be a suspension issue, just sack him and settle up later)

I am reading the "Poyet rejects offer" thing, as Poyet is in the wrong and will leave, but has a £xx buy out clause, and we have offered to allow him to buy out his contract for £xx and he has rejcted it.

It was only last week I read somewhere that Wigan bulked at Poyet's buy out fee and looked elsewhere.

So whilst everyone is presuming that we are offering Poyet money to leave, I think it could be a case of we are negotiating with Gus to buy himself out of his contract.

Might be completely wrong, but as I say, if it was us paying him, just sack him get a new manager and worry about Poyets compo later. If Poyet walked into another job, as he and a lot on here thought he was capable off, he wouldn't be losing earnings, so we wouldn't have to pay him much would we!!

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Got bored after 8 pages, I don't want to read about this anymore, I just want it to be over. For all those "Gus had no Plan B" obsessives, the irony that my favourite Plan B features a song called called Stay Too Long makes me smile, and not much on NSC has lately.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I've read through 8 pages of this, and it became the usual Pro/Anti Gus argument.

I Don't know if anyone else has mention this since, but one thing I didn't see in those 8 pages, is that "Poyet rejects offer" has been taken as everyone that we offered him money to go and he said no. (Now that would not be a suspension issue, just sack him and settle up later)

I am reading the "Poyet rejects offer" thing, as Poyet is in the wrong and will leave, but has a £xx buy out clause, and we have offered to allow him to buy out his contract for £xx and he has rejcted it.

It was only last week I read somewhere that Wigan bulked at Poyet's buy out fee and looked elsewhere.

So whilst everyone is presuming that we are offering Poyet money to leave, I think it could be a case of we are negotiating with Gus to buy himself out of his contract.

Might be completely wrong, but as I say, if it was us paying him, just sack him get a new manager and worry about Poyets compo later. If Poyet walked into another job, as he and a lot on here thought he was capable off, he wouldn't be losing earnings, so we wouldn't have to pay him much would we!!

That's freaky, 8 pages for you too eh? Only saw your post after mine was added!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

several of us have made that point already - so 8 pages wasnt enough!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here