• in

Votes: 161 83.9%
  • fence

Votes: 16 8.3%

• Total voters

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Weird though it maybe to some, I really enjoy the way we play.

Both teams were shit in the second half which had more to do with the weather than anything else. But I'm sure some will blame Poyet (or Barnes) for the terrible weather.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So Poyet out ?? There are times when the thought may have crossed my mind but when i actually think deeply NO NO NO NO NO !!! and who in shits name would replace him ???

Well some of the idiots on here who are still stuck in the 1980's would have him replaced with a proper English manager like Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce. Fortunately, Tony Bloom isn't one of them.

Gus has done a superb job here, yes he makes the odd mistake and the odd strange decision, but in a way we're lucky he does or he'd be managing a top club by now. He gets a hell of a lot more right than he does wrong, and I don't see how anyone with an ounce of sense could argue with that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It's only weird to the people who don't understand it and want us to GET IT FORWARD. I think we play superb football, and although we are struggling to score goals, we are playing much better than last season. The build up play is quicker and crisper, and we are creating lots of chances, which we weren't doing last year. Get a decent striker in and we'll be right up there.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Amazing how the poll results seem to show a very different view to this board generally at the moment. Seems we have a very vocal moaning minority on here recently...

Recently? They have been on here for months and the less vocal readers are either ignoring them or are fed up with trying to counter their arguments. With some of them, my gut feeling is that it is more to do with where Gus is from rather than his attributes as a manager.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Why? Will that make us score more goals? The fans are not Gus' boss, despite what some of them seem to think. They don't pay his wages, Tony Bloom does. The fans don't know what went on with Murray, and Gus clearly had some kind of issue with him. How do you know Gus does think he messed up by letting him go? Just because he has worked out at Palace doesn't mean he would necessarily have worked out here. Football isn't as simple as that.
This. With brass knobs on.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I think Gus is an above average manager, one of the best Albion has had.
I do get frustrated with the continual back passing especially when we have the ball well up in the opponents half.
From the ESU you often see the players looking to Gus for a decision, they get distracted and the play breaks down. Impossible I know but it would be good to see Gus a player manager then he could dictate from the heart of the action. Or stay in the office and empower the players to do their own thing.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Feck off ****

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Vulture, you are a cretin of the highest order. Your stupidity preceeds you.

kjgood

Gus has overseen perhaps the biggest change to the club in living history. The last four or five years hasn't so much been about gaining promotion, its been about re aligning the business to have that solid foundation to move forward into the future rather than the short term ism that we have had for years and years and years and............................. The stadium, the fan base, the training ground, internal management structures, marketing, hospitality, youth programs, work in the Community all these things had to be in place, tested and proven before we can even start dreaming of getting it totally right on the playing field. We are not ready for the Premiership yet, its a totally different proposition to the Championship, you over extend, you fail just like any other business.

For me, Gus has another couple of years to go before i would expect a really serious challenge to get up. Yes its nice to win and make steady progress and that's what we should aim at and not a mad rush to fail.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Both teams were shit in the second half which had more to do with the weather than anything else. But I'm sure some will blame Poyet (or Barnes) for the terrible weather.

Barnes is to blame for everything....... and I bloody mean it too.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
I do believe in Poyet......however he needs to be more upbeat and positive when giving post match interviews....he always looks defeated to me!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why? Will that make us score more goals? The fans are not Gus' boss, despite what some of them seem to think. They don't pay his wages, Tony Bloom does. The fans don't know what went on with Murray, and Gus clearly had some kind of issue with him. How do you know Gus does think he messed up by letting him go? Just because he has worked out at Palace doesn't mean he would necessarily have worked out here. Football isn't as simple as that.

i honestly dont think gus has bonded with rank and file fans at all .........very much a "my way or the highway" type manager..........very new to most fans i think......he could do with a more holistic approach , media wise i think.....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
i honestly dont think gus has bonded with rank and file fans at all .........very much a "my way or the highway" type manager..........very new to most fans i think......he could do with a more holistic approach , media wise i think.....

To be honest, I don't give a shit what Poyet thinks of us. I agree that he doesn't seem to "get" the fans at times, but as long as we keep on at an upward trajectory, I'll live.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be honest, I don't give a shit what Poyet thinks of us. I agree that he doesn't seem to "get" the fans at times, but as long as we keep on at an upward trajectory, I'll live.

agree mate .......just wish he was more in touch with the fans and seemingly quite a few of the players......!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's only weird to the people who don't understand it and want us to GET IT FORWARD. I think we play superb football, and although we are struggling to score goals, we are playing much better than last season. The build up play is quicker and crisper, and we are creating lots of chances, which we weren't doing last year. Get a decent striker in and we'll be right up there.

I think we look absolutely class this season - you only have to read other teams' forums to see that it's widely recognised we have a quality side. I love the way we play - exciting, attacking football! Anyone who thinks we are 'boring' seriously needs their head testing (unless you think football is more fun when the ball is continually thumped forward and hoofed into the box). I honestly think if we were able to finish our chances, we'd be top of the table (you only have to work out how many points we'd have if we'd won all the games we 'deserved' to...).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gus has overseen perhaps the biggest change to the club in living history. The last four or five years hasn't so much been about gaining promotion, its been about re aligning the business to have that solid foundation to move forward into the future rather than the short term ism that we have had for years and years and years and............................. The stadium, the fan base, the training ground, internal management structures, marketing, hospitality, youth programs, work in the Community all these things had to be in place, tested and proven before we can even start dreaming of getting it totally right on the playing field. We are not ready for the Premiership yet, its a totally different proposition to the Championship, you over extend, you fail just like any other business.

For me, Gus has another couple of years to go before i would expect a really serious challenge to get up. Yes its nice to win and make steady progress and that's what we should aim at and not a mad rush to fail.

An excellent assessment, IMO. I'm quite happy to carry on watching championship football, and in Gus we have a relatively new manager who is learning all the time.

Yes, he's made mistakes, but then who doesn't? He's still an intelligent guy, who is passionate about the game, and wants to see us improve. I believe we will, and I believe the business we do in the next couple of transfer windows will show our intent to compete with the best.

As to the comment about the fans, watch the 2011-2012 season review. His piece to camera after the coverage of the Burnley game shows he clearly 'gets' the fans, and realises how important we are.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Poyet doesn't do self-doubt. He doesn't do pandering to supporters (or even acknowledging them most of the time). He doesn't do compromise, or contrition.

It's what makes him a flawed genius. We should all be used to it by now.

Of course he makes mistakes, and of course there are things that happen on and off the pitch that are beyond his control. I still think he's the best man for Brighton at the moment and one of the best managers we'll ever have - for all his flaws.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Poyet will never go, whilst the Amex crowd and NSC are firmly behind him. Time for the out brigade to show some steel and boycott both. You will never know what you can achieve until you try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here