Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can see it coming a mile away...Although his stock has gone down somewhat in the last few months, so he might not be in demand as much as he would like to be.

You keep saying he will leave. Of course he will leave at some point. But you won't tell us WHEN he will leave? Why not?

Is it because you know you'll be completely wrong again, just like you were about Vicente?

And why has his stock gone down? Because we didn't win the league, with a squad made up of league 1 players? You really are an idiot.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You keep saying he will leave. Of course he will leave at some point. But you won't tell us WHEN he will leave? Why not?

Is it because you know you'll be completely wrong again, just like you were about Vicente?

And why has his stock gone down? Because we didn't win the league, with a squad made up of league 1 players? You really are an idiot.

Back a bit he said:
If we don't go up Poyet will not be here next season, i'm certain of that. This is just an opinion I have and one I realise 95% of people will disagree with. But we will see.

So he has given himself a deadline to be proved wrong.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
If anybody hasn't seen this..

Poyet has consistently stressed his intention to eventually take Albion into the Premier League, most recently in an interview for an Australian website.

He told The World Game: “I need to manage in the Premier League. That’s my aim.

“The easiest way is to do it where you are working and I’m very close.

“I’m convinced that the easiest way is with Brighton because I’ve got what I need to work and the possibility of bringing in players to play my way.

“If we don’t make it in a few years I’m going to have to go somewhere else.”

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can see it coming a mile away...Although his stock has gone down somewhat in the last few months, so he might not be in demand as much as he would like to be.

If you back enough statements one's Shirley going to happen, eventually!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you back enough statements one's Shirley going to happen, eventually!

All negative posters are right at some time or another. 'We'll lose' is a common one. It's rare that a team doesn't lose in a season so the negative posters are proved to be right more often than not. It's just a shame that they're all miserable sods and never try to see a positive side.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Point One, he will leave long before the four years he signed up for.
Point Two, Vicente played just long enough to put himself in the shop window. In fact we were looking good for a play off spot before he got fit!!
Point Three, That would be the squad the manger assembled. How many players did he bring in last season? He knew what league we were in.
Someone is an idiot you are right. Try looking in the mirror.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have no fears on Gus leaving for at least 1 year myself-
I can see him giving us 2 more years at most to reach the Premier-

When/If promoted (i hope the former) how long will he stay?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
No I don't read it. The link was posted on Twitter by @Northstandchat IIRC. I thought the ridiculously over dramatic first line may generate discussion.
My mistake.

With 315 replies so far, I wouldn't call it a mistake...

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
No I don't read it. The link was posted on Twitter by @Northstandchat IIRC. I thought the ridiculously over dramatic first line may generate discussion.
My mistake.

Not a mistake at all! I suppose it's another sign the club have reached a higher level, when headlines like that keep appearing.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Why do so many on here resort to childish name calling over differences of opinion

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
CMS and most of the rest of the squad are going to have to go for Gus to achieve his ambitions with us

Here we go, CMS bashing from you again. Where as I do agree with you on the clear out part, perhaps 5-6 players, CMS is CERTAINLY not one of those. I am desperate for him to prove all you moody sods wrong next season. He doesn't pick the line up, we are not playing to his strengths, hopefully Gus will address this properly during the summer.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Here we go, CMS bashing from you again. Where as I do agree with you on the clear out part, perhaps 5-6 players, CMS is CERTAINLY not one of those. I am desperate for him to prove all you moody sods wrong next season. He doesn't pick the line up, we are not playing to his strengths, hopefully Gus will address this properly during the summer.

I would also love it if he turned into a 25+ goal a season striker for us , but at this level and the way we play i can`t see it happening

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to today's argus, Poyet is thought to be too outspoken to appeal to west brom (with hughton and martinez the favourites to replace Hodgson).

So, that's west brom (probably) and wolves off the table. So, just Villa to go from the article (but hughton or martinez go, that will then bring birmingham or wigan to the table).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here