Alan Shearer
20/1
Nicky Forster
33/1

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
not worry about him going so much, believe the position of our club would invite some top applicants, more worried about Bridcutt, Spanish Dave and possibly Ulloa if he goes.

But all are contracted to the club - not Gus.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Why join a club clearly on the brink of relegation and ditch the UK's fastest growing club clearly on the up... baffles me. Lets hope he stays - hero status will be in order.

The Giant Bolster

Apr 18, 2012
odd on Stan james
Nigel Adkins
3/1
Alan Curbishley
5/1
Steve McClaren
6/1
Paolo Di Canio
6/1
Steve Coppell
10/1
Neil Warnock
12/1
Roberto Di Matteo
12/1
Mark Hughes
12/1
Owen Coyle
12/1
Gareth Southgate
14/1
Karl Robinson
16/1
Uwe Rosler
16/1
Paul Jewell
16/1
Eddie Howe
16/1
Dennis Wise
16/1
Glenn Hoddle
20/1
Harry Redknapp
20/1
Ray Wilkins
25/1
Michael Appleton
25/1
Iain Dowie
25/1
Dean Wilkins
33/1
Alex Mcleish
20/1
Terry Butcher
20/1
Paul Dickov
28/1
Alan Shearer
20/1
Nicky Forster
33/1

12/1 on RDM out here - might have a bang on that

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a strange one. We all know he's going to leave one day but I must admit if it is to reading then it's disappointing. It is a step up but not a massive one. The worst thing though would be the timing, 8 games left when you're on the verge of the play offs is an awful time to go. I'm sure we'd get a decent replacement but he'd really need to hit the ground running to keep the season from falling apart. I wonder if we'd go the swansea route and get someone in with the same philosophy thus ensuring maximum continuity and minimal disruption.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He has always been going to leave but the timing and Reading would be a very strange choice. I think it could be a bargaining chip from Poyet for more money for the loan striker, larger transfer budget for next season or better contract.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Karl Robinson would be the best replacement for you

No ta.

Had a lot of money at MK Dons compared to most teams in that league and they're nowhere near the play-offs. Almost every week he bleats on about how his side are the best in the division, even after every defeat. I'd love Di Matteo if he goes, but I think that's a bit overly ambitious.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why join a club clearly on the brink of relegation and ditch the UK's fastest growing club clearly on the up... baffles me. Lets hope he stays - hero status will be in order.

...because Poyet obviously attaches a lot of merit to playing budgets. He knows what he has to play with here and that it's unlikely to change massively.

Reading, on the other hand, have bucketfulls of parachute cash if they are relegated, as is obviously likely.

People who claim it would be a backwards/sideways move are being a bit naive about the finance involved in just reaching the Premier League for one season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Oops! I bet you've already forgot about beating us now! I thought some of you wanted him out a few days ago?

Still against the rules for Palace fans to post on Brighton threads I think. Please leave.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Are we really to take this seriously?

Was Gus looking up at the West Stand as we romped to victory on Sunday really him taking in the atmosphere of his last game in charge?

I'm a little surprised no one seem that bothered at the prospect of Gus going. I for one will be totally gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here