Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
Didn't we have a bit of rivalry with Reading in the 1950's ?

I dunno, I only go back to very late 70s. But I never ever had any problem with Brighton, full respect always. We're probably closer in ambition, catchment areas and potential than we'd probably dare admit.
Also, interesting the posters a few pages back about rivals. Yep, that's one of the problems now for Royals fans, what is our identity? We haven't played the three big traditional rivals in a decade (Aldershot, Oxford, Swindon, in the order you like) so youngsters now turn against West Ham and the slightly older against Portsmouth. But the truth is that there is no obvious rival right now, my forum has a couple of "anyone can post" parts and there aren't even any WUM comments!
I honestly believe Reading will be a yo-yo club like WBA was, so it looks like we'll be crossing paths more often than not this decade, so better to get on a bit I'd say! :thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Wow, do I sense a hint of jealously in that criticism? Club having no charisma? This is brilliant, never heard that one before. In that case, I sympathise with you that a 'nothing' club has took an easy six points off you last season, done a lot better than you in the past few years and will continue to do so for the next two or three seasons.

Blah blah blah , face facts, no one cares about Reading . The very fact that you think you took an "easy" six points probably explains why you support Reading

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Blah blah blah , face facts, no one cares about Reading . The very fact that you think you took an "easy" six points probably explains why you support Reading

i was trying to give this bloke directions today and on getting his map out i realised he couldn't even read ......which i found quite surprising to be fair.

Feb 14, 2010
I've no gripe against Reading, but I am in the Reading are a dull little club mould. I like small clubs like Orient or Brentford or Rochdale or Notts County but somehow Reading dont seem to have any romance. The last time I went to Reading's historical home of Elm Park, Brighton had 3000 up there (even tho we were a rubbish side) and the crowds was no more than 7000 odd. That is all that needs saying about Reading as a club. As for Poyet, well if someone offers you a job then you cant blame someone for thinking about it. Money talks. Says lots about the Albion that our manager will turn down a Premier League job even if it is a Reading or Wigan type club.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
forget.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here