Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Currently driving round and round the Mad Stad, very slowly...car festooned with Brighton stickers...flag flying out the window..tooting the horn and singing very loudly.....
" You can stick yer Zingarevich up yer arse...You can stick yer Zingarevich up yer arse....You can stick yer Zingarevich, stick yer Zingarevich, stick yer Zingarevich up yer arse "
( Not going down very well! )

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That deserves a thread of its own. I'd predict a 45 pager.

Hehe.. I won't start it!

People should just check it out for themselves :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Reading have always, irrespective of this affair, struck me as a bit of a nothing club.

Do they have any proper rivals, for example?

Reading have always, irrespective of this affair, struck me as a bit of a nothing club.

Oxford I think.

That said, I know little about Reading other than Uri Geller once supported them until he realised they were rubbish so went off to support a proper club instead.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I don't think so - but I reckon there's one festering with us that will be reignited if we don't go up this year. :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a reception he wull get if he's still at the Amex for Leicester.
What reception will he get? Some delighted he chose to stay, some angry he may even have considered going, and some unmoved by the whole dull affair - so what reception do we prepare?

I don't think so - but I reckon there's one festering with us that will be reignited if we don't go up this year. :lol:
Nah. Can't be bothered. I can get annoyed with SCC, Pompey and Orient, but I'd struggle to stay awake long enough to be annoyed with Reading.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Oxford I think.

That said, I know little about Reading other than Uri Geller once supported them until he realised they were rubbish so went off to support a proper club instead.

I think Uri Geller was a Exeter fan , did he not take the kiddie Fiddler Micheal Jackson there to watch a game once.

And yes Oxford are there rivals and until resent years were the much bigger club.

I think Uri Geller was a Exeter fan , did he not take the kiddie Fiddler Micheal Jackson there to watch a game once.

And yes Oxford are there rivals and until resent years were the much bigger club.

That's what I meant, he once claimed to support Reading and then buggered off to Exeter, a proper club.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oxford I think.

Logical I guess, surely Oxford care far more about Swindon though?

I honestly can't think of any cub who, when asked the name of their arch-rivals, the club they detest and despise more than any other, would say 'Reading'.

Logical I guess, surely Oxford care far more about Swindon though?

I honestly can't think of any cub who, when asked the name of their arch-rivals, the club they detest and despise more than any other, would say 'Reading'.

I think it has something to do with the proposed merger of Oxford and Reading back when Reading nearly went out of business.

Can't say I care really, nothing club.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What reception will he get? Some delighted he chose to stay, some angry he may even have considered going, and some unmoved by the whole dull affair - so what reception do we prepare?

Nah. Can't be bothered. I can get annoyed with SCC, Pompey and Orient, but I'd struggle to stay awake long enough to be annoyed with Reading.

I don't see how people can be annoyed he considered going. A football manager is a risky employment, you get an offer so you listen to it. Given the timezone and him being in Barbados, it doesn't sound like he considered it for long. I suspect he had the meeting, knew straight away it wasn't for him, thought about it overnight and informed them around 2pm UK time. They probably made him a further offer that he rejected almost straight away and confirmation came not long after that.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

But as we all know Micahel Jackson was a massive fan of Fulham (or not as the case maybe).

As this must be the reason why this is outside Craven Cottage

Michael-Jackson-statue-Fulham.jpg

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I just love how TheReadingFan comes on here and gives his opinion we are not worthy and Reading are the bigger better club. From where I am sitting, I see us as the bigger club as we are still growing. Infastructure we are better, the proposed academy/training facility we will be better, fan base and catchment area we are better. I would say chairman we have better. So why would Gus have wanted to throw all that away for some middle of the road club with little ambition to try and survive in the best league in the world.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've got a few friends who are long-standing Reading fans from the old Elm Park days, but the building of the MadStad and the later elevation to the Premier League attracted a horde of JCLs who knew nothing of the history of the club, and it is these and their new blue and white scarves (and their sudden disappearance after relegation - and equally mysterious re-appearance this season) who make it feel like an artificial sort of club. And all those empty blue seats.

We've always had a history of big crowds that Reading never had and we believed that they'd come back once the Amex was built. Some day, of course, when we've been relegated from the Premier League, we may see the same sea of empty seats, but I still think we have the bigger natural fanbase and core support. We needed the Amex to fit everyone in. They needed promotion to fill the MadStad - that's the difference.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Probably said else where in this massive thread but I think Gus was just playing poker with Tony, annoyed cause he won't pay silly money for a loan striker, total bluff. He'd be mad to leave, with a five year contract, the crowds and club still growing and for what, to get sacked 6/9 months down the line by some greedy foreign owner who cares not a jot for Reading, just the money it can make him. I think Tony will be sniggering at his attempt to play 'life' poker with him, there would be a queue a mile long for Gus's job, if he didn't already have someone lined up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports