Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The key facts:

1. Reading have 8 matches left. They need 5 wins. 3 of those matches are Arsenal, Citeh and Liverpool. Even so, the new manager would have a chance, albeit slim, of Prem survival.
2. Reading have minimal debt so likely to have a decent transfer kitty for next season in the Championship, almost certainly much bigger than the pot at the Albion.
3. Gus has said he's keen to be nearer to London.
4. If they'd wanted Adkins surely they'd have got him by now, ditto Di Canio.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Massive shame if he goes.

I'm sure Tony has a shortlist already to replace him that starts with Di Matteo and Adkins.

Both of whom would arguably be just as good as Poyet and more experienced at a higher level. A win, win for Tony B?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gus would make no difference to Reading. They will be relegated.

He would be going for a big payrise and a massive budget in the Championship next year. Fair enough from his point of view.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The key facts:

1. Reading have 8 matches left. They need 5 wins. 3 of those matches are Arsenal, Citeh and Liverpool. Even so, the new manager would have a chance, albeit slim, of Prem survival.
2. Reading have minimal debt so likely to have a decent transfer kitty for next season in the Championship, almost certainly much bigger than the pot at the Albion.

City who will have gone on holiday by then, a home game against QPR in a shit or bust match, the appointment of a new manager can sometimes give a team a boost so not is all doom and gloom if he went there plus if they went down they would have the parachute money when FFP kicks in

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I fear this move is going to happen folks.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The key facts:

4. If they'd wanted Adkins surely they'd have got him by now, ditto Di Canio.

More key facts:

1. Gus's style takes a while to bed in. Reading will almost certainly get relegated.
2. Reading have spent the least out of all the premier league teams this season = tight chairman.
3. Reading is only 12 miles nearer to London than Brighton. What's the point?
4. True, but that's not conclusive.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Odd that this place has not gone into complete meltdown over this yet... just a feeling of 'oh well - if he goes, he goes.'

I am a big fan of Poyet but I don't think he's as a good a manager as he seems to think he is. I don't want him to leave but if he wants to go..fine. The club will continue to prosper with or without him. TB is the main man.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Poyet in talks with Reading Skysports

I don't think he'll go.

Be interesting to see what kevtherev, goldstone etc make of it if he does, seeing as they've been clamouring for it all season. I think the phrase is 'be careful what you wish for'.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
League One Promotion, Relegation from Premiership. Hardly the most sparkling of CV's.

He won't go.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Odd that this place has not gone into complete meltdown over this yet... just a feeling of 'oh well - if he goes, he goes.'
That's pretty much how I feel.

What worries me more, is him leaving and coming back to buy our players he likes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here