Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Wow, do I sense a hint of jealously in that criticism? Club having no charisma? This is brilliant, never heard that one before. In that case, I sympathise with you that a 'nothing' club has took an easy six points off you last season, done a lot better than you in the past few years and will continue to do so for the next two or three seasons.

jealousy? nothing club is a harsh description, but pre-Madejski Reading were a lower league outfit, probably more so than us before our troubles. You have had a few good years (partly thanks to poaching our manager), but there is little to call between the clubs now.

And as for an easy 6 points - no way was the Amex game an easy win - deflected free kick goal and your keeper was MoM. If we don't pass you on the way up this season, we look forward to getting our easy 6 points back next year.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Please don't kid yourselves, just because your talented manager has said no to us, it doesn't mean you are better than us, as you clearly are not and won't be for a considerable amount of time. Lucky win or not, we beat you. Its winning games what wins you leagues, not playing tika-taka football and not even finishing in the play-off mix.

A considerable amount of time? What makes you so sure?

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Where have I said we are better than you? Much better football club tho, with a championship trophy in our cabinet from beating you against the odds :thumbsup:

Thought u said good night etc etc . You going or not gimpy?

I was waiting for you to refer to 'history', but believe it or not, we won a Championship trophy once (in fact twice), with a record 106 points, with your former manager, who is and always will be better than Poyet.

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
A considerable amount of time? What makes you so sure?

Your chairman seems very reluctant to spend any money and our squad will be notably better than yours when we get back to the Championship, including money from parachute payments. In five years, you will probably be better than us in many senses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would define a nothing club as Reading. If Gus is serious about managing a leading Prem side having Reading on his CV would have been an embarrassment. Nothing personal.

Look Readingfan, you've started The Major off now. He'll be comparing attendances all the way back to Elm Park now:eek:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was waiting for you to refer to 'history', but believe it or not, we won a Championship trophy once (in fact twice), with a record 106 points, with your former manager, who is and always will be better than Poyet.

Yeh I like Coppell. Gus will be a manager just as good as him tho. Now don't u think uve embarrassed yourself enough Sir Gimpalot? I thought u were going?

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
I'm going to take a lot of satisfaction when Reading go down now.

We accept we are down you fool, even the most optimistic Reading fan will accept that. Either way, we will be facing you next season and as I mentioned in a previous post, we will have a considerably better squad than you.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Hopefully thats the last hugely irritating association we have with the slightly wurzelly little M4 dullards. Whatever next?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Your chairman seems very reluctant to spend any money and our squad will be notably better than yours when we get back to the Championship, including money from parachute payments. In five years, you will probably be better than us in many senses.

Feel free to come back next season. Bye.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex

I'd say a 2 million pound signing in January shows that you don't have a clue what you're on about.

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Yeh I like Coppell. Gus will be a manager just as good as him tho. Now don't u think uve embarrassed yourself enough Sir Gimpalot? I thought u were going?

Just because I am bring you back to Earth about your 'amazing' club, doesn't mean you can push me away. I am quite enjoying this.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just because I am bring you back to Earth about your 'amazing' club, doesn't mean you can push me away. I am quite enjoying this.

I think the jealousy is all one way...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Please don't kid yourselves, just because your talented manager has said no to us, it doesn't mean you are better than us, as you clearly are not and won't be for a considerable amount of time. Lucky win or not, we beat you. Its winning games what wins you leagues, not playing tika-taka football and not even finishing in the play-off mix.

Not seen anyone say we are better than you. Just that in a couple of months we will both be in a similar place except here Gus has HIS team in HIS style and there he'd have to rebuild completely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here