Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Still nothing at all on the BBC website and I cling to the hope that this is because they deal in fact rather than speculation.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
massive gamble for poyet if he goes........he has also built alot up here - IMHO he would be a complete fool to go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I laid Poyet on Betfair yesterday at 1.56 - he's now drifted right out to odds against, at 2.12 (only slightly ahead of Adkins).

I still think he's staying - and a story in the Daily bloody Express isn't going to change my mind; they'll probably run a story about how Diana would be perfect for the job later.

And remember Poyet is a foreigner, so well within another of the favourite subjects for the Express. Over here, taking our jobs. :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Without wishing to read through all of the newspaper links, has ANYONE got a quote from either club yet?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

"Premier League strugglers Reading are close to appointing Brighton's Gus Poyet as their manager. There is a willingness on both sides to get the deal done and only the finer details of the Uruguayan's contract need to be finalised ahead of an announcement before the end of the week."

Agreed, makes it seem like a done deal sadly

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Quick question. I understood he was en route to Barbados yesterday so how on earth was he in talks all day yesterday. Appreciate it could have been his agent in discussions but not the same thing

i saw on one of these threads that Reading had booked a meeting room in the first class lounge at Gatwick Airport from where he was flying to Barbados. Seemed like genuine info from someone at the Airport but may have been shown to be fake by now. I am sure someone can find the link.

if indeed that is true - it was suggested also that Paul barber attended the meeting as well - which i thought would be odd?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Premier League strugglers Reading are close to appointing Brighton's Gus Poyet as their manager. There is a willingness on both sides to get the deal done and only the finer details of the Uruguayan's contract need to be finalised ahead of an announcement before the end of the week."

Just gutted, but won't believe it until it happens :(

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Quick question. I understood he was en route to Barbados yesterday so how on earth was he in talks all day yesterday. Appreciate it could have been his agent in discussions but not the same thing

Probably agent. Even though Gus may have been flying, there is still mobile and internet access available on aircraft!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

It's 2013! Skype?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i saw on one of these threads that Reading had booked a meeting room in the first class lounge at Gatwick Airport from where he was flying to Barbados. Seemed like genuine info from someone at the Airport but may have been shown to be fake by now. I am sure someone can find the link.

if indeed that is true - it was suggested also that Paul barber attended the meeting as well - which i thought would be odd?!

LOL, yeah, just like all the "genuine" tales we read about on here when transfer speculation is in the air.

"My mate is a cabbie ..... "
"My mate works at the ground .... "
"My mate works at Donatellas ..... "

I await the speculation that Michael Owen is coming in as player manager, accompanied by that "picture" of him on a fairground ride. "Bloom and Owen were seen chatting at the Cheltenham Festival last week, confirmed by my mate who was working in the Guinness tent."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

That contributor had never posted on that forum before, which rather suggests an opportunistic mischief maker and probably Palace fan taking the chance to have a bit of fun.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

With respect, I disagree. As others have pointed out, there is no quote from either club so the 'source' for the "willingness" is probably the Express report or something daft.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But a lot of that Independent report is rubbish so wouldn't base anything on it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So you think The Independent uses the Express for its sources? Possible I suppose!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here