Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Has anyone got a images.jpg whats happening???

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The outcome might be along the lines of:

Gus stays, doubles his money, and given promises over a Summer 2013 transfer war chest.

= Reading being used.

Though I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is going on, I can go along with the thought that Reading are being used.

I think Gus really wants to get into the Prem next year, with or without us, and it does no harm to allow his name to be linked with top jobs.

It may just focus the minds of other chairmen who foresee vacancies on the horizon.

Personally I won't fall off my chair if he's the next manager of West Ham.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I may be wrong with this but didn't Gus get a bit miffed that we didn't give him permission to talk to Wolves last year. (sure he would have said 'no' anyway) I think that TB now knows that the best way to deal with Gus is to let him know of 'interest' from a PL team and say that he can talk to them whilst stating that we insist he is accompanied by Mr Barber. Result is that Gus has a quick chat with them before he goes off on his hols, thinks that he has more chance of managing in the PL with Brighton next season than Reading, has a nice little break. Gets the boys back in training on Tuesday of next week and we go off and thump Forst on Saturday. Hope I'm right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
the fact that we just lost humiliatingly to you 3-0 has made me desperately clutch at straws and reactivste my little used troll account to try to claw back an ounce of self respect. After all, Palace - OUR ONCE PROUD CLUB - IS BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE GUTTER BY THIS FARCE, ABSOLUTELY F*CKING DISGUSTING!!! we are now officially a joke club.

Corrected for you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Why are we discussing the weather in Barbados? ???:eek:

Sigh...u said Poyet might need a thick skin.....I said he is probably more interested in a tanned skin....because he apparently is on HOLIDAY in Barbados ....wake up at the back lol

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well what an odd afternoon that was. There we were, minding our own business, when the bookies go loopy and we have an NSC meltdown. Net result? Naff all as of yet.

Time for a snooze. Hope Adkins goes and makes an honest club of Reading tomorrow so that we can get some peace and get back to fretting about the playoffs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does it not seem likely that, in signing a lengthy contract, Gus had a clause inserted that if a Premier League club came calling he would be allowed to talk to them. That would seem a pretty sensible move for any ambitious manager. In that case, the 'fact' that - according to Sky - he's been given permission would not really be indicative of anything concrete.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Does it not seem likely that, in signing a lengthy contract, Gus had a clause inserted that if a Premier League club came calling he would be allowed to talk to them. That would seem a pretty sensible move for any ambitious manager. In that case, the 'fact' that - according to Sky - he's been given permission would not really be indicative of anything concrete.

I bet he has that clause

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Go along with all that.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I bet he has that clause

Seems unimaginable that he wouldn't. If this was Chelsea or one of the PL big-hitters, he wouldn't be in Barbados as people seem to be saying. That holiday would bite the dust sharp-ish. Unless he's already had talks and is mulling over a decision, it doesn't appear that he's massively keen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Seems unimaginable that he wouldn't. If this was Chelsea or one of the PL big-hitters, he wouldn't be in Barbados as people seem to be saying. That holiday would bite the dust sharp-ish. Unless he's already had talks and is mulling over a decision, it doesn't appear that he's massively keen.

Again agreed...he would have told her in doors ..sorry hols cancelled I've got to start work and plan there survival

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa

:thumbsup: Nail on head I reckon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Rather open ended post! He is in Barbados and held talks early this morning before most of us were out of bed according to a flyers forum. So maybe he is mulling it over or even worse, having a short break before the stress of keeping Reading up!!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Only odds I believe are the ones when the race is over and all of the enquiries are finished. There are always so many of these links to every vacancy going that I prefer to avoid any doom and gloom clouds until they are actually there. Hope he has a lovely holiday and is taking the time to have a good think of the best way for us to reach the play offs at the end of the season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Lets face it not one person that posts on here apart from guesswork has no idea what is going on.

That's not true - I truly believe kevtherev has his finger FIRMLY on the pulse. That man posts sense :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here