Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Dec 29, 2011
Rememeber when he jumped to 4/7 on to be the next Chelsea manager? Nothing scares me anymore. To be fair in January I think he might have left for Reading, but after Sunday and with David and Ulloa coming good and the 28.5k attendance, he's less likely to want to leave this great club.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Now traded at 1.3. only 1.03 on Betfair at the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there actually any mileage in this? That is very short. Hopefully just the bookies grasping at straws rather than actual knowledge.

Doesn't take much money to move these markets - the bookies run scared as they fear insider knowledge.

The market can then drive itself - the bookies shorten it, people lump on hoping for a 'sure thing'. There can be no substance at all.

Jimmy Grimble

Hmmm. Very tempted to lay on Betfair.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes it will but no 1 person is bigger than us, we will pick ourselves up move on and upwards and trust in TB to get the right man.
I agree. There is excellent evidence that managers do not make that much difference. Gus's obsession with possession and defensive line-ups has probably cost us promotion this year.

The only issue is the attracting of players but I reckon that is overstated.

Dec 29, 2011
Doesn't take much money to move these markets - the bookies run scared as they fear insider knowledge.

The market can then drive itself - the bookies shorten it, people lump on hoping for a 'sure thing'. There can be no substance at all.

This, it's basically like a rally on the stock markets, as people see the odds get shorted more people jump on, which in turns shortens the odds and the cycle repeats, next manager markets must be one of the most 'false' betting markets around (i.e. bookies can rarely predict what will happen).

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Won't believe any of this until it's announced.

This. I would be totally gobsmacked if he went to Reading. What have they got 9 games to save themselves? Gus' style takes time to bed in and we ould in theory be passing them on the way up (I doubt this but it's still possible).

IF it is true I hope Gus has spoken to Tony and Robbie Di Matteo, introduced them and told them how to get us up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here