Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He said on 5 live after the Palace game that he would be mad to leave this place with the future it has, mentioning the new training ground, the chairman and so on, i really can't see him leaving any time soon.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
He said on 5 live after the Palace game that he would be mad to leave this place with the future it has, mentioning the new training ground, the chairman and so on, i really can't see him leaving any time soon.

Agree! the one thing that a lot of people moan about is his honesty when he says he would love to Manage Chelsea. So if he says he is not interested then I guess he is also being honest and we should trust him. When has he ever said anything just to make us happy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Gus was to go anywhere then Reading is just about the worst club he could join from our viewpoint. It's possible the parachute payments would give him a budget to buy two or three of our best players, weakening our team and locking up a promotion spot for them in the process.

That said, you'd expect the new deal with American Express and the increased stadium capacity to create a bit of a transfer kitty.

I still think that whether or not Gus would be interested in the Reading job would be largely dependent upon how much money he'd have to spend over the summer. I can't see too many players leaving Reading other than Pobgrebnyk, and £10 million spent should see them back up next year.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I would never forgive Gus if he were to leave us for Reading.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Gus is now favourite at a best price of 7-4, fwiw.
Which begs the question, if the favourite is a shocking price at 7-4, where's the value?
I have a personal interest here as my wife is Eamonn Dolan's big sis, he's done wonders at the Academy in recent years & I happen to think he'd be a brilliant manager given the right chance. Whether this would be the right chance is another matter, but at the moment I can see him keeping the caretaker job until the end of the season as many more established managers would have the same reasons as Poyet for giving it a swerve.
(All of which probably means that Poyet will be photographed at the Madjeski very shortly with a big grin on his face).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has to be some value in Nigel Adkins at 9/4 there, surely?

Strikes me as a perfect job for him and no need for a pesky house move either...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you think there's any chance at all of Poyet going to Reading, you'd do well to take the 14/1 at Stan James for Gus to be the next Championship manager to leave his post.

Jimmy Grimble

The amount of money bookies have made on Gus to *insert club* must be ridiculous.

I don't think there has ever been a manager linked to as many vacant managerial posts as him. I think I've developed immunity to the speculation.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
According to 5Live post-game on Sunday, Reading had asked formally for permission to speak to him. If that's the case I suspect the club will grant it - can't see them trying to antagonise him by standing in his way. That could be why he's been shortened so dramatically, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here