Poyet Keen on Uruguay Post

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good move Gus...first job in Management and you want to do one after 5 minutes with your team in a worse position than when you arrived.

If this Uraguay job is a stepping stone towards managing your Natonal side one day then fair enough I suppose but it is pretty dishonourable to discuss in the media whilst we are still stuck in the shit.

Surely it would be better to make a decision off camera based on your existing contractural obligations...frankly it does nothing for your reputation to comment whilst you still have a job with the Albion.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I’ve seen this before, although maybe at that stage Uruguay had not yet offered him the post. Whether its part time or not is irrelevant……..Brightons post is full-time.

Certainly does not sound good. If true, you have to wonder whether promises made to Poyet on the playing side are actually true. Taking into account the number of players we have sent out on loan, I am beginning to wonder if Bloom is running out of cash.

Whatever, a statement by both Poyet and Albion are needed within 24 hours.

Bloom isn't running out of cash, good management in terms of wages/fees is just that- no one wants to waste money.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When your country comes calling there's not a lot you can do.

I hope Bloom is lining up a succesor as we speak, plenty of experienced candidates who can lead us to the promised land of League 1 survival.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Surely not. There were many on here recently delighted to see him impose his strict regime and that he was / is here for the long haul.

For what it's worth I agree with you.

Do f*** off with this nonsense. He is the MANAGER. Forster is a PLAYER. It is his job to instill discipline and this is a completely separate issue.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£12m bill on way from NGBailey.

I suppose he will have to fund that personally as part of the agreement to pay for the ground?

That would have been part of the Buckingham price - the are subbing to Buckingham

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I hope this has been lost in translation. Very worring quotes if not as there is no way he can do the full time job of Brighton manager and Uruguay under 20's part time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When your country comes calling there's not a lot you can do.

Well, there is.
You can have a bit of class and honour the contract you signed 4 months ago. Or at the very least, the bare minimum, have the decency to see the season out.

Its only the feckin U20's anyway. If Poyet is worth his salt he'll have plenty of opportunities to be involved with Uruguay some time in his future, he's still only young.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

After translation:

Former Tottenham striker and Chelsea of England and the selection Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet, rejected a bid to lead the combined "blue" sub 20.

Poyet, who runs the Brighton of the third tier of English football, the sports management informed of the Uruguayan Football Association (AUF) which has a contract with that team and that his termination would cost very important, informed the portal Notes .

The position of coach of the U-20 became vacant after Diego Aguirre took office in January ahead of Peñarol, one of the two "big" Uruguayan football.

The greatest coach, Oscar Washington Tabarez, had not given approval for the recruitment of Poyet due to not having "your profile" and instead suggested the name of former national coach of Daniel Carreno. (ANSA). (ANSA).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So there are NO managers who could do what Poyet has so far?

I don't think the problem would be losing Poyet as such, the problem would be that it would be yet another manager come and gone when we really need someone to build us up over a 2-3 year period.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still....not like NSC to get in a panic without knowing the facts is it? When was the last time that happened?

Oh yeah. YESTERDAY.

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports