Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Keen on Uruguay Post

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't think it's anything to be over concerned about, from the wording used.

He told La Oral Deportiva of Radio Universal: "I am waiting to finish
the contract situation with my current team. - This translates to me as:

"I will honour my contract with Brighton and then see what my options are."

Not sure why everyone is panicking.

No, that sounds to me like he is already in talks with the club about changing his contract in some way. I imagine, being able to manage u20's as a part time job.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Priceless
im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here.jpg

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
If he has actually spoken with Uruguay and announced it on SSN he can f*** off now as far as I’m concerned, especially given the hoohah with Forster’ statement on Sky.W

We are deep in the mire and need someone committed to the cause not someone waiting for a better offer elsewhere.

This is the sort of talk you need now. ^

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Surely "I am waiting to finish my contract" means he fully intends to complete his contract, ie. stay here for the duration.

No?

If it said -

"I am waiting to finish the contract with my current team."

then yes, but it says -

"I am waiting to finish the contract situation with my current team."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I bet we see an Argus article in the next 24 hours:

Poyet - I'm going nowhere.

I honestly think that sentence may have been "lost in translation", so to speak.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If he does go then he would be a complete c nt in my eyes. The situation he has us in , he would be treating us with total disregard to just up and leave. Surley he needs to stay for the last 10 weeks . I think if he leaves, we'll go down.

SHIT SHIT TIMING

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's not leaving! - he wouldn't tell a magazine/radio station about talks to terminate his contract. That would be a little stupid. If anything it might be a part time gig or a misquote.

skysports seem to have it in for us at the moment.

Love watching the same old drama QUEENS on here though!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
he isnt going anywhere, either he is looking at it part time or has been misquoted

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Isn't this the key paragraph:

"I am in a contract and it's not easy to find a solution so quickly besides especially as I started it not so long ago, but we will see, I have to have a meeting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think it's anything to be over concerned about, from the wording used.

He told La Oral Deportiva of Radio Universal: "I am waiting to finish
the contract situation with my current team. - This translates to me as:

"I will honour my contract with Brighton and then see what my options are."

Not when you read the WHOLE quote it doesn't.

"I am waiting to finish the contract situation with my current team. I like to have everything on the table to be able to make a decision. I am in a contract and it's not easy to find a solution so quickly besides especially as I started it not so long ago, but we will see, I have to have a meeting. The fact I have been offered the position at the Under 20 national team of Uruguay makes me interested for many reasons. The way, the moment, the position and most of all because it's Uruguay, so I don't want to lose hope."

That falls some way short of booting this into touch and saying he's not interested, does it not. If he has been misquoted, or comes out and re-affirms his commitment to the job here, then fair enough.

But if he ponces off now after 4 months here, then he's a scumbag.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
this is old news sky must have a slow news day

That Uruguay want him is old news, the fact that he has said he may want the job is new I believe??

I think he may well negotiate a part time job

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Isn't this the key paragraph:

"I am in a contract and it's not easy to find a solution so quickly besides especially as I started it not so long ago, but we will see, I have to have a meeting.

Ouch. Hmm. The whole thing sounds awkwardly translated though, if you look at the structure of that sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here