Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Keen on Uruguay Post

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He told La Oral Deportiva of Radio Universal: "I am waiting to finish the contract situation with my current team. I like to have everything on the table to be able to make a decision.

"I am in a contract and it's not easy to find a solution so quickly besides especially as I started it not so long ago, but we will see, I have to have a meeting.

"The fact I have been offered the position at the Under 20 national team of Uruguay makes me interested for many reasons.

"The way, the moment, the position and most of all because it's Uruguay, so I don't want to lose hope."

This says to me i am negotiating a way out

If true............... He can feck right off

I want the chap to stay though, i do hope it aint true. :facepalm:

Its under 20s for fecks sake..........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK. I won't lie. It's a bit concerning. I just hope that we're reading too much into a couple of lines.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
:cry::nono::facepalm::US::eek:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Agree with many on here. A complete and utter CUN* if he leaves, after everything he has said about his position here, this is ridiculous.

Why on Earth has he had to go to the media anyway? If he's having talks, why not keep it quiet? Why feel the f***ing NEED TO GO TO THE MEDIA AND TELL EVERYONE?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Really? I'd say the complete opposite.

Yeah same here.

If teh quote attributed to him is at all accurate it sounds like he wants to sit down with Mr Bloom and discuss how he buys himself out of the contract with us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Uruguay want him is old news, the fact that he has said he may want the job is new I believe??

I think he may well negotiate a part time job

There is absolutely no way he can split this into a part-time job between the Albion and Uruguay U20's. There just no possible way of that working, its a logisitcal non-starter.

If he's even going to try suggesting it to TB then he can just f*** off completely.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Tbh, it was blatantly obvious he was going to use us as a stepping stone.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Not when you read the WHOLE quote it doesn't.

"I am waiting to finish the contract situation with my current team. I like to have everything on the table to be able to make a decision. I am in a contract and it's not easy to find a solution so quickly besides especially as I started it not so long ago, but we will see, I have to have a meeting. The fact I have been offered the position at the Under 20 national team of Uruguay makes me interested for many reasons. The way, the moment, the position and most of all because it's Uruguay, so I don't want to lose hope."

That falls some way short of booting this into touch and saying he's not interested, does it not. If he has been misquoted, or comes out and re-affirms his commitment to the job here, then fair enough.

But if he ponces off now after 4 months here, then he's a scumbag.
And it certainly doesn’t read like a regurgitated story from months ago either.

Sounds very much to me that he has made his decision and is going through contractual discussions now.

If this isn’t the case and Sky’s report is pure fabrication, he needs to come out with an official statement straight away.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I’ve seen this before, although maybe at that stage Uruguay had not yet offered him the post. Whether its part time or not is irrelevant……..Brightons post is full-time.

Certainly does not sound good. If true, you have to wonder whether promises made to Poyet on the playing side are actually true. Taking into account the number of players we have sent out on loan, I am beginning to wonder if Bloom is running out of cash.

Whatever, a statement by both Poyet and Albion are needed within 24 hours.

Of course if the club were to use the same basis in dealing with this situation as per the NF issue, GP should be excluded from Managing the team until after he issues a statement clarifying the matter.

Double standards do I hear you cry? This will hardly help instill team morale and discipline at such a crucial time - bloody ridiculous :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sounds like a non story here

might be wrong, BUT it doesn't sound right to me.

having said that, we are not setting the world alight, at the arse end of division 3 and although playing better, not getting results........seems like a no brainer for Poyet if its true

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There is absolutely no way he can split this into a part-time job between the Albion and Uruguay U20's. There just no possible way of that working, its a logisitcal non-starter.

If he's even going to try suggesting it to TB then he can just f*** off completely.

Yep. If he wanted to do both jobs then I would want him out completely. End of.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tbh, it was blatantly obvious he was going to use us as a stepping stone.
Yes, but not to this. He could have had this without ever coming to us. He said he wanted to make it as a manager in England. Even when Zaragoza were supposedly interested.
It'll be a bit of an odd one if he does go.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's not leaving! - he wouldn't tell a magazine/radio station about talks to terminate his contract. That would be a little stupid. If anything it might be a part time gig or a misquote.

skysports seem to have it in for us at the moment.

Love watching the same old drama QUEENS on here though!

I would agree with that, definitely.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
makes me think he came here thinking it will be a doddle, and then after working with the under performing talentless dross we have here has made him re evaluate where he can actually take the Albion. Now we find the first person to bang on his door with a wet sponge and he is looking for a way out. If im reading it right................ good ridance you obviously have NO bottle for a fight. :US:

I do hope im wrong :facepalm:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Transport, motorways and tramlines,
starting and then stopping,
taking off and landing,
the emptiest of feelings,
disappointed people, clinging on to bottles,
and when it comes it's so, so, disappointing.

Let down and hanging around,
crushed like a bug in the ground.
Let down and hanging around.

Shell smashed, juices flowing
wings twitch, legs are going,
don't get sentimental,
it always ends up drivel.
One day, I am gonna grow wings,
a chemical reaction,
hysterical and useless
hysterical and

let down and hanging around,