• out

Votes: 104 42.4%
  • fence

Votes: 55 22.4%

• Total voters

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I disagree,i would say it was the other way around,managers will be given time here.

If we were lucky enough to get a replacement manager as good as and as successful as GP has been then they will be approached by bigger teams.

There are really only two reasons a manager leaves a club, because they are good and get poached or because they are poor and get sacked.

Of the two I'd go for the successful manager that other teams are trying to prise away from the club.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If we were lucky enough to get a replacement manager as good as and as successful as GP has been then they will be approached by bigger teams.

There are really only two reasons a manager leaves a club, because they are good and get poached or because they are poor and get sacked.

Of the two I'd go for the successful manager that other teams are trying to prise away from the club.

Which category do the two Peter Taylor's go in?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah I'm getting that way as well now
Anyone fancy a march to the Amex soon to demand some answers:drama:

1st thing in the morning,i'll bring some sandwiches

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Very much out, his ego is way bigger than his ability, if he stays he'll only jump ship anyway if someone bigger is mug enough to take him.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
My worry is that if GP does go then this whole episode and the way it has been handled makes BHAFC a less attractive proposition to potential replacements.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It is all part of growing up . Gus will come back (hopefully). Slightly more wise and humble, less prone to fly off the handle and fully aware of the need to attack when you have to attack.

Lets get the love in going....

Gus Poyet me lud Gus Poyet

TNBA

TTF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My worry is that if GP does go then this whole episode and the way it has been handled makes BHAFC a less attractive proposition to potential replacements.

It's still one of the top 20 football jobs in the country.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Both had a certain level of success in so far as they each left the club in a higher position than when they became manager - neither were sacked.

Well actually the second Peter Taylor, Gus could learn from. He got us promotion and then after a couple of weeks, he resigned stating that he felt he could not manage to keep the club in the Championship with the budget he had been given. He acted properly and left with no ill feelings and with best wishes both ways.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would like Gus to say his comments after the game were wrong. For me that's all he's done wrong really. His comments on ex-teams have never really bothered me and I haven't seen them as 'constantly whoring himself out' as some people love to claim.

Anyone who can not appreciate and respect what Gus has done for the footballing side of this club is an idiot as far as I'm concerned and probably has their own weird agenda.

If they really could clear the air, and Gus could admit he shouldn't have spoken like that after the game, I'd definitely be up for Gus staying.

As it is, none of us know anything.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
very interesting, the Poyet out preferences are barely ahead in the poll currently - I guess those who want rid are more inclined to hysterical keyboard hyperbole than those of us who'd rather everyone had a big cuddle and they all stayed on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It will be a clash of the egos mediated by TB - I'm sure Gus will apologise for his (apparently minor) mistake as long as Barber apologises for his.

What minor mistakes are you referring to?

All these people clinging to the hope that Poyet stays, are you doing so with a genuine belief it is possible or do you accept the probable reality that things have gone too far for any retraction, on either side can be done with any credibility and longevity?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
out for me just feel no way back now done well upto a point gus but handled yourself badly here and whose to say we wont have all this gus to this club gus to that club all next season if he stays does he really want to be here not so sure in my book fresh manager fresh start hopefully keepin as much of the squad as possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here