Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ultimate question is do we waste £500k bringing in a loanee striker who is way down the list of targets Gus has identified ?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Loan strikers will want to play either to further their career,or put themselves in the shop window,SHIRLEY the hungriest strikers would be Barker and Toby,they would have us willing them on,and who knows.....couple this with Buckley being used up front,then i think that's what Gus will run with if he cannot secure the striker he wants.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can say Vicente has been a success. He has been a joy to watch(at home, when fit) no doubt. But he is as far away a success, as I am of being in profit this week. He doesn't travel well, he seems to play when he feels like it, the team has a worse record when he plays overall...I just wonder how the other players really feel about the treatment he gets from the manager....I'm telling you without any doubt, Poyet is not player freindly, he is deffo not the arm around the shoulder manager(unless your names Barnes)....What will it take to see this guys faults??? Perhaps when we get humiliated on Sunday and we will because we will not match their desire to win the game for there fans. I have never dreaded a derby game so much in my life.....I so hope i'm wrong, I really do. I take no joy in being anti Poyet (whatever you believe) but he is becoming more and more exposed as lacking in so many key areas.

You don't want to criticise Vicente on here mate, some people are happy to pay someone for 10 months of work when they only carry out 2. When he goes next year will we miss him? No. Hopefully we can use the wages on someone that can contribute all season.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Would Nile Ranger fit the bill short term he is not with a club so it would be just wages and a 3 month contract. Would he better than a DS player

No. He is currently on separate charges of rape and assault, and has scored 2 goals. EVER. So no.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would Nile Ranger fit the bill short term he is not with a club so it would be just wages and a 3 month contract. Would he better than a DS player

I really want us to sign a loan striker. Massively. But not him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The question of the charges doesn't really come into it as he would probably not still be with us when he went to court. The big question is could he either score or help somebody else to score some goals for us in the short term rather than a DS player. He also wouldn't be a loan signing and would be playing for a contract possibly so would have more to give.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can say Vicente has been a success. He has been a joy to watch(at home, when fit) no doubt. But he is as far away a success, as I am of being in profit this week. He doesn't travel well, he seems to play when he feels like it, the team has a worse record when he plays overall...I just wonder how the other players really feel about the treatment he gets from the manager....I'm telling you without any doubt, Poyet is not player freindly, he is deffo not the arm around the shoulder manager(unless your names Barnes)....What will it take to see this guys faults??? Perhaps when we get humiliated on Sunday and we will because we will not match their desire to win the game for there fans. I have never dreaded a derby game so much in my life.....I so hope i'm wrong, I really do. I take no joy in being anti Poyet (whatever you believe) but he is becoming more and more exposed as lacking in so many key areas.

I didn't say Vicente had been a success. It would be difficult to argue that he has as he simply hasn't played enough games for us. From a selfish point of view I'm glad we did it though, as in one or two games I got to see the best performance from any player I've ever seen play for the Albion. It hasn't really worked out overall but I'm glad we took the chance. You've got to take a gamble sometimes. My original point was that no other manager in the Championship would have been able to have the choice to take that gamble, so your point about players not wanting to play for Poyet is total wrong.

As for Poyet not being a player's manager, I don't think that could be any further from the truth. If anything I think he is too much of a player's manager with the way he is happy to let anyone move on to a slightly bigger club so easily.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I didn't say Vicente had been a success. It would be difficult to argue that he has as he simply hasn't played enough games for us. From a selfish point of view I'm glad we did it though, as in one or two games I got to see the best performance from any player I've ever seen play for the Albion. It hasn't really worked out overall but I'm glad we took the chance. You've got to take a gamble sometimes. My original point was that no other manager in the Championship would have been able to have the choice to take that gamble, so your point about players not wanting to play for Poyet is total wrong.

As for Poyet not being a player's manager, I don't think that could be any further from the truth. If anything I think he is too much of a player's manager with the way he is happy to let anyone move on to a slightly bigger club so easily.

At last we agree on something. Your right, you do have to gamble sometimes...Which makes you wonder why the club won't gamble now, when we have a fantastic chance of doing something wonderful this season. But I suppose you going to come back with, we have tried but can't get no one rubbish.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You don't want to criticise Vicente on here mate, some people are happy to pay someone for 10 months of work when they only carry out 2. When he goes next year will we miss him? No. Hopefully we can use the wages on someone that can contribute all season.

Totally agree a total waste of wages could have been used on some-one who might have played the whole season. What is the point of having some-one so gifted when they don't want to play and seem to be always injured ... has he comeback from spain yet by the way in case he decides to play tomorrow. Only in football would you get a scenario like this

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Gus is shit if he was any good Messi would be starting tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here