Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe lowering expectations will be a good thing ..Leicester will gain confidence from there win at Cardiff..so it would seem that we are back to one place to aim for ...Cardiff hav been wobbling of late particularly at home ..no team mo seems certain of that automatic place ..if we can remain in touch anythings possible ..each game seems crucial ..roll on Sunday it's exciting stuff

jesus christ almighty .....i'm not even gonna start on that one.

1-1 , their. sorry

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
cardiff scored 94 mins 1-1 wonnit.

Doh...fekin bananas i switched box off ..what a nut lol o well I guess point remains the same but how embarrassing dunces cap for me

Oh this gets worse I can remember watching Noones header

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps Poyet should look a little closer to home, if he is looking for a reason why it's so difficult to attract players. One phone call to any number of players, would be enough for some people to stay put.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Perhaps Poyet should look a little closer to home, if he is looking for a reason why it's so difficult to attract players. One phone call to any number of players, would be enough for some people to stay put.

Which is exactly the same as with any other Manager in the league. You do talk some shit. Which is a shame as until this mini slump, if you can even call it that, you'd been a bit more sensible recently.

To claim Poyet is a manager that players don't want to play for is just utterly ridiculous. We've got ****ing VICENTE playing for us for heaven's sake! Which other managers in the Championship could have pulled that off do you think, regardless of whether you think Vicente has been a success or not?

I guarantee somebody will still go on about how we should have played two up front on Sunday after we lose to Palace, despite us only having one striker available.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Which is exactly the same as with any other Manager in the league. You do talk some shit. Which is a shame as until this mini slump, if you can even call it that, you'd been a bit more sensible recently.

To claim Poyet is a manager that players don't want to play for is just utterly ridiculous. We've got ****ing VICENTE playing for us for heaven's sake! Which other managers in the Championship could have pulled that off do you think, regardless of whether you think Vicente has been a success or not?

I guarantee somebody will still go on about how we should have played two up front on Sunday after we lose to Palace, despite us only having one striker available.

Correction - we have Vicente on our books taking wages. The is little evidence that he actually WANTS to play at all. Even Poyet appears to doubt that not in some of his comments.

As for strikers wishing to play for Poyet in preference to other managers - highly unlikely given his track record with other strikers, and his failure to play to any of their strengths. There must be some reason why we have failed to get a decent striker on loan in two years, and only got CMS on a perm by Poyet telling him a pack of lies about "building a team around him".

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Correction - we have Vicente on our books taking wages. The is little evidence that he actually WANTS to play at all. Even Poyet appears to doubt that not in some of his comments.

As for strikers wishing to play for Poyet in preference to other managers - highly unlikely given his track record with other strikers, and his failure to play to any of their strengths. There must be some reason why we have failed to get a decent striker on loan in two years, and only got CMS on a perm by Poyet telling him a pack of lies about "building a team around him".

hmmmm......all these wingers and up until 3 weeks ago a 5ft 9in "talismanic" striker..........:falldown:

maybe we need to play rush goalie ...is that allowed..?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As for strikers wishing to play for Poyet in preference to other managers - highly unlikely given his track record with other strikers, and his failure to play to any of their strengths.

He's had 3 main strikers in his time here.

Glenn Murray fired us to promotion.
CMS had 10 goals at the halfway point of this year.
Ulloa has hit the ground running.

How EXACTLY has he a bad record? Ridiculous post, again.

Even the 'failure' of those 3 (CMS) scored plenty this season before Ulloa came in. He was around 6th top scorer in the league.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
hiya everyone from the argus paper

Albion boss Gus Poyet is disappointed and surprised that he has not been able to land a loan striker.

The Seagulls need another forward, with Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins out for the season with injuries and Ashley Barnes banned.

Poyet told The Argus: "I'm quite badly disappointed with this, because I didn't expect so many players to be in different clubs not willing to come and play. I'm surprised, I thought it would be much easier.

"Players, clubs, money, nothing came together, nothing, and unfortunately the players available today are not good enough for me."
Leo Ulloa will again be the only senior recognised striker available to Poyet for Sunday's derby against Crystal Palace.

Perhaps loan strikers don't want to sit on the bench every game, Gus doesn;t play two strikers in his line up, i'm not surprised there are no takers. Maybe the word is out about our passing game, it doesn't involve strikers!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Even the 'failure' of those 3 (CMS) scored plenty this season before Ulloa came in. He was around 6th top scorer in the league.

Dream on!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Holroyd
Sandaza
Adgestein
Wood
Hoskins
Bergkamp
Paynter
Mackail-Smith
Vokes

None of these Poyet brought in are as good as the player he decided wasn't good enough. Jury still out on Ulloa looks promising so far.

Barnes was good value for money TBF not as good as the player he decided to let leave though.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

I've seen a lot of people on NSC who chat shit to suit their agenda but you're a gold medallist. Bruno, Bridge, Kuszczak, Upson, Vicente, Lopez, Orlandi, Crofts, Hammond, CMS, Ulloa...all either from Prem/La Liga or chose us over clubs in the Prem/La Liga already. Gus is the biggest reason we get these players.

You have the cheek to claim those who disagree with you are 'lickers' who are 'incapable of unique thought' and yet you trot out the same old shit as every other miserable plonker on here, post after post, thread after thread, and don't see the irony. The reason we haven't had a decent striker on loan is because they've been (a) wanted by their clubs and therefore unavailable, or (b) unwanted but on stupid money. Hence we 'take a gamble' on Paynter or Vokes and people like you slag Gus and the club off for signing a shit player. If you're such a sage, name ONE player (1) who earns less than 15/20k a week, is a top level championship striker capable of 25 goals, with a spotless injury record, is unwanted by his club, available for loan and willing to move south?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just seen Poyet have a whinge up because we couldn't afford Kevin Phillips, and suggesting that we'll become a better club when we have a budget that can afford players like him. What an absolute knob he is when we have a budget that can afford the likes of Wayne Bridge, Vicente and co.

Funny also that the reason we were given for Phillips not signing was that he didn't want to relocate South.

Excuses excuses from the underperforming idiot. With our budget he SHOULD be able to sign a striker.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Holroyd
Sandaza
Adgestein
Wood
Hoskins
Bergkamp
Paynter
Mackail-Smith
Vokes

CH - one year low risk low cost punt on a non-leaguer.
FS - one year low risk low cost punt on a Scottish division striker.
TA - still dev squad, difficult to say.
CW - loan, very useful in our title winning season as 3rd choice.
WH - very unlucky with injuries and homesickness.
RB - dev squad, allegedly not brought in by Poyet anyway.
BP - loan as a backup 'Plan B'.
CMS - the only one I think you can criticise but at the time a coup and wasn't doing badly this season, was on for 15-20 goals.
SV - another loan as plan B, did ok.

See, it can be spun any way you want.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Doh...fekin bananas i switched box off ..what a nut lol o well I guess point remains the same but how embarrassing dunces cap for me

Oh this gets worse I can remember watching Noones header

fair one but cant understand this at all

Even if I had missed the 94th min goal , I've been studying the table / fixtures etc etc almost hourly since then so would of noticed

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
CH - one year low risk low cost punt on a non-leaguer.
FS - one year low risk low cost punt on a Scottish division striker.
TA - still dev squad, difficult to say.
CW - loan, very useful in our title winning season as 3rd choice.
WH - very unlucky with injuries and homesickness.
RB - dev squad, allegedly not brought in by Poyet anyway.
BP - loan as a backup 'Plan B'.
CMS - the only one I think you can criticise but at the time a coup and wasn't doing badly this season, was on for 15-20 goals.
SV - another loan as plan B, did ok.

See, it can be spun any way you want.

He was on for 20 goals half way through the season last year and then didn't score for months on end, same as this season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can say Vicente has been a success. He has been a joy to watch(at home, when fit) no doubt. But he is as far away a success, as I am of being in profit this week. He doesn't travel well, he seems to play when he feels like it, the team has a worse record when he plays overall...I just wonder how the other players really feel about the treatment he gets from the manager....I'm telling you without any doubt, Poyet is not player freindly, he is deffo not the arm around the shoulder manager(unless your names Barnes)....What will it take to see this guys faults??? Perhaps when we get humiliated on Sunday and we will because we will not match their desire to win the game for there fans. I have never dreaded a derby game so much in my life.....I so hope i'm wrong, I really do. I take no joy in being anti Poyet (whatever you believe) but he is becoming more and more exposed as lacking in so many key areas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports