Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet frustrated by loan striker search from Argus paper

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have been priced out of all the decent forwards, wouldn't expect anybody to come in now what we have is what we've got for the run-in

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What's a 'serial licker'? You may have to define it, because to me it has absolutely no meaning. It might to the truly stupid, but then I don't inhabit your cererbal gutter.

Is it a person who eats his/her breakfast without a spoon?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are fuct..........doubt we'll make p/o's now............mark macgammon was quicker off the mark than this lot.........hopefully they live and learn............beat the nigels 3-0 and all will be rosy.... we have been unlucky with cms but he has been battling(struggling)for months . if gus wasn't such a stubborn twatt he would have dobbie back already , why the **** has he got painter back and not dobbie.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least Barnes is back for Blackpool at home.

Hope Leo doesn't get broken before then.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
i missed this bit off the report from the argus
Poyet has give no guarantees that another forward will be signed before the loan window closes towards the end of the month.

"It depends what you want," he said. "If we are going to attempt to reach the play-offs we need a player that costs money we don't have and the quality of player that we want to bring being willing to come, so it's not just get a player from the Conference because we need a striker and pray that he is going to be fantastic.

"I prefer to trust George Barker and Toby (Agdestein) and Solly March and the players that we have got here than to bring someone who for me is not good enough."

That's better.

I am delighted that we do not have a manager who is prepared to waste money just for the sake of it. He cannot find a quality player to come on loan, so he won't bother with just anyone. This has been his attitude all along and, to me, shows a very sensible approach and does not smack of someone under pressure from above.

If he does play one of the DS squad, give them all the encouragement possible and not slag them off the moment something goes wrong.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I hope our bad luck with injuries and suspensions isn't used as an excuse to write off the rest of this season. I'd like to see us show some character, starting on Sunday at 12pm. A seige mentality. Let's show some fight and desire.

Correct, And as fans lets all get behind the team like Burnley last season!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I just can't see us making it without another decent striker.

Yes we'll probably win a few before the end of the season but we need to be winning consistently - and that's something we haven't done all season. We just haven't been scoring enough goals and much as I rate Ulloa, he's isn't going to do it all by himself. There will be times when Gus needs to change it - and he won't be able to because he will have so few options.

Barnes would have been that option but not now........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just can't see us making it without another decent striker.

Yes we'll probably win a few before the end of the season but we need to be winning consistently - and that's something we haven't done all season. We just haven't been scoring enough goals and much as I rate Ulloa, he's isn't going to do it all by himself. There will be times when Gus needs to change it - and he won't be able to because he will have so few options.

Barnes would have been that option but not now........

Maybe lowering expectations will be a good thing ..Leicester will gain confidence from there win at Cardiff..so it would seem that we are back to one place to aim for ...Cardiff hav been wobbling of late particularly at home ..no team mo seems certain of that automatic place ..if we can remain in touch anythings possible ..each game seems crucial ..roll on Sunday it's exciting stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here