Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet drops Employment Tribunial against Albion!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do wonder if the Argus' very speedy "not the club" source confirming that there was no financial settlement was either TB or PB? :lolol:

Interesting that the LMA are more honest in saying "an understanding reached" rather than Poyet's solicitor"s deliberately misleading reference to a settlement. Bit naughty in all truth .......

Jimmy Grimble

Yes indeed.

I doff my cap at Gus for having the grace to walk away from legal action then.

I guess having a job now that he wants to give 100% attention to has helped.

Also interesting that Bloom now stating that when Gus was here they believed they would have to cut the playing budget for this season.

Love that. 'The grace to walk away'!!!!! An alternative slant is that he has been persuaded that he hasn't a cat in hells chance of winning. Lawyers are unlikely to concede if there is a hint of a chance at winning or at least earning fees on a drawn out case!

With regard to the issue itself, I would be intrigued to know whether or not he had actually initiated any legal proceedings. If it were to be a tribunal, my understanding is that you have three months from the date of the 'detriment' to issue IT1 papers. That would have been on the 22nd September. If he had, they may well have gone to conciliation meetings! Whatever happened, I would think the fact there is no financial settlement involved would suggest a climb down by Poyet. Could be that both parties have agreed to silence but Poyet has obviously lost out more!!!

Of all the agenda driven posts surrounding the Poyet saga, Giraffe's one here is up there with the worst. Very narrow and simple minded.

Surprised the fact Poyet's not getting any money has attracted so little attention on here. If it was revealed that we've given him upwards of £1 million there'd be a lot more people posting about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of all the agenda driven posts surrounding the Poyet saga, Giraffe's one here is up there with the worst. Very narrow and simple minded.

Surprised the fact Poyet's not getting any money has attracted so little attention on here. If it was revealed that we've given him upwards of £1 million there'd be a lot more people posting about it.

I'd be disgusted and appalled if we'd given him any money. 3K per day and he goes into a sulk.

'Having his cake and eating it'

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Those 'in the know' will not be shocked at this news.
A court case was never on the cards.
A few kept a calm head while others chased around.
We are a club in safe hands so stop worrying folks ;)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But- genuinely- why do you think we are?

The Albion is a private company, answerable only to its own shareholders, and there is probably loads that goes on that we don't know about.

I appreciate a football club is a slightly different entity to, say, WH Smiths, in that it has a lot of stakeholders (ie us) with a deeper interest in events than would be the case with an "ordinary" business. But they aren't obliged to tell us anything. I don't think dragging it all up again now and giving Poyet the chance to respond and sling more mud would serve any purpose whatsoever other than feeding the original shitstorm.

He's happy, we're happy. Time to let it go.
This

but I'm still nosey.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes indeed.

Also interesting that Bloom now stating that when Gus was here they believed they would have to cut the playing budget for this season.

Sorry, but that really is crap.

Gus was sacked for gross misconduct. He then threatened to take the club to court. He has now dropped the case, without any financial settlement.

I loved his time here as a coach, but he behaved like a knob at the end.

In bloom we trust.

Perhaps His interview with Ellis short had some thing to do with it.
" Now listen here gobshite,you'll have a big enough job keeping this shower of shite in the Premier league,the last thing We need is you shooting your trap off about ceilings and Leeds,if you want to take this any further you **** of to shithurst park when that bumpkin slap head gets the heave-ho,you in or not?"
"Eeeees complicated,I go play golf"

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, the Club get no compensation for Gus effectively walking out of his contract.

Isn't that what he wanted in the first place?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The bottom line is that it is fantastic news everything is now over.

Gus has gone, which I am very glad about, and with him dropping his case it makes eventual forgiveness easier.

His career is revived so good for him, and all the best with that.

The albion are still on an upward course - Oscar will lead us to glory, maybe even this year.

So all that remains is to thank Gus for the good times, and one day be able to welcome him back to the AMEX.

Pretty much this. Let's all move onwards and upwards.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pretty much this. Let's all move onwards and upwards.

Can't agree with you Jim. Blue Valkyrie says that Gus dropped his case. There never was a case. Gus threatened to take us to court and ever since we've all had to deal with people asking why Gus is suing the Albion.

Gus was sacked for gross misconduct. Threatened to sue to protect his reputation but never did and has now agreed to get lost with no money but is spinning it as a settlement - implying there was money involved.

Totally self absorbed and selfish. His reputation drops lower and lower apart from with deluded simpletons like Giraffe.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
As they say, all f*rt and no sh*t.
TB and Co saw through the fumes from the start, otherwise we would not be commenting on this now and earlier.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Yes indeed.

That's the most desperate post I've seen on the Poyet saga and that takes some doing.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So, the Club get no compensation for Gus effectively walking out of his contract.

Indeed seems like Gus got what he wanted. He's in the premiership and we got no compo.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good, knew it was never going to happen and now its confirmed. The Poyet chapter is now closed for good.......or is it ?

Good luck to Gus keeping that shower of shite in the Premier League !! That said, I wouldnt mind an away game in Sunderland next season.....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I'm sure that what Gus wanted was to be either headhunted by a (suitable) Premier League club, or to engineer a departure from the Albion with appropriate compensation paid TO him. He ended up with a sacking for gross misconduct on his CV, and no compensation.

If we assume that he was determined to leave, he ended up with just about the worst possible outcome he could have done.

From the Albion's perspective, given the fact that they had a manager who no longer wanted to do the job, with no immediate prospect of a club coming in for him, they went through a process that removed him with no compensation being payable.

Given the circumstances, I would hardly paint it as a victory for Poyet in any meaningful sense of that word.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure that what Gus wanted was to be either headhunted by a (suitable) Premier League club, or to engineer a departure from the Albion with appropriate compensation paid TO him. He ended up with a sacking for gross misconduct on his CV, and no compensation.

If we assume that he was determined to leave, he ended up with just about the worst possible outcome he could have done.

From the Albion's perspective, given the fact that they had a manager who no longer wanted to do the job, with no immediate prospect of a club coming in for him, they went through a process that removed him with no compensation being payable.

Given the circumstances, I would hardly paint it as a victory for Poyet in any meaningful sense of that word.

He was 2 years into a 4 year contract which stated either side had to pay compo to the other. Gus hasn't had to pay us either, & has got a Prem job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here