Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet drops Employment Tribunial against Albion!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Could the settlement have been "You drop your claim and we won't embarrass you in the courts"?

That's my hunch too, helps save a bit of face for Poyet as it alludes to something that the club had something to hide and wanted to settle out of court, without actually saying it.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
CAN WE PLEASE BE TOLD WOT APPENED NOW AS THERE IS NO CASE ON GOING.

ThANK YOU

Also interesting that there was a "settlement" when previously the club's stance was very much "bring it on, we'll win."

Understandable though that it may simply be that they don't want it dragged through the mud any further.

I agree, I honestly have no clue what happened. All the different scandals and turmoil we went through in those few short months, we need closure, and as fans I'd like to think we're entitled to some clarification.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, I honestly have no clue what happened. All the different scandals and turmoil we went through in those few short months, we need closure, and as fans I'd like to think we're entitled to some clarification.

But- genuinely- why do you think we are?

The Albion is a private company, answerable only to its own shareholders, and there is probably loads that goes on that we don't know about.

I appreciate a football club is a slightly different entity to, say, WH Smiths, in that it has a lot of stakeholders (ie us) with a deeper interest in events than would be the case with an "ordinary" business. But they aren't obliged to tell us anything. I don't think dragging it all up again now and giving Poyet the chance to respond and sling more mud would serve any purpose whatsoever other than feeding the original shitstorm.

He's happy, we're happy. Time to let it go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well we know some of it, don't we?

There is no chance that the club are going to suddenly come out and broadcast events to the world, and frankly I wouldn't expect them to. We all need to move on.

I don't think we know ANY of what actually started the whole thing.

I'm not expecting the club to...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really glad the bell has been rung on this although it would have been nice to hear all the juicy comments.

Either way I'm sure Poyet isn't punching above his weight in his new job and I'm sure he can cut it at the upper leagues. Some of the rumours about what may have happened have been really below the belt but we may find out one day. Either way as long as we excape this without too much of a body blow then I'm happy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
CAN WE PLEASE BE TOLD WOT APPENED NOW AS THERE IS NO CASE ON GOING.

ThANK YOU

Also interesting that there was a "settlement" when previously the club's stance was very much "bring it on, we'll win."

Understandable though that it may simply be that they don't want it dragged through the mud any further.

Remember it is his legal advisors making the statement and as such the settlement could simply be affirmation that we will continue to keep quiet about his behaviour as long as he does.
I genuinely dont think that he was ever going to let his shenanigans be discussed in a public court with attendant publicity. It was never going to be good for him.

One of the reasons Barber won the best CEO award was his handling of Poyet. I suspect many in football with a feel for what was happening at Albion and is happening at many clubs were very happy and very impressed with the club's handling of the matter.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Gus wanted to build a Helter Skelter slide going from the training ground to the dug out for this season in an effort to boost moral. Gus had a massive fallout with the BHA Health and Safety team and the rest is history.

That's what One Handed Gary told me anyway.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
But- genuinely- why do you think we are?

The Albion is a private company, answerable only to its own shareholders, and there is probably loads that goes on that we don't know about.

I appreciate a football club is a slightly different entity to, say, WH Smiths, in that it has a lot of stakeholders (ie us) with a deeper interest in events than would be the case with an "ordinary" business. But they aren't obliged to tell us anything. I don't think dragging it all up again now and giving Poyet the chance to respond and sling more mud would serve any purpose whatsoever other than feeding the original shitstorm.

He's happy, we're happy. Time to let it go.

I disagree with the first couple of sentences, but I understand the general argument. It's all well and good not discussing the matter, but what does that say about transparency? Either way it looks like we'll have to accept not knowing the full details behind what happened...

until the autobiographies are published and serialised?? Sorry, couldn't help it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well we know some of it, don't we?

There is no chance that the club are going to suddenly come out and broadcast events to the world, and frankly I wouldn't expect them to. We all need to move on.

To be fair, you are right, we do know some of it.
We know he was in talks with Reading in March and we know that he used those talks to try and get a better deal out of BHA. We also know that he offered his resignation during March.
Beyond that, we will never know the rest.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Allegedly (from a very good source) Gus was offered 1.5M to walk (durng the 'investigation'), he refused to take it.

I hope he did not get anywhere near that offer in compo.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I suspect the 'settlement' referred to wasn't necessarily financial, but more that the finer details never get disclosed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be fair, you are right, we do know some of it.
We know he was in talks with Reading in March and we know that he used those talks to try and get a better deal out of BHA. We also know that he offered his resignation during March.
Beyond that, we will never know the rest.

Indeed, but from some of the responses on here, there are those who feel empowered to be sitting in judgement of the outcome.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Allegedly (from a very good source) Gus was offered 1.5M to walk (durng the 'investigation'), he refused to take it.

I hope he did not get anywhere near that offer in compo.

Sounds like bullshit to me. Why would the club offer him money to walk when his case was apparently shakey, and there was nothing to walk from (he has already been sacked)?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bet it'll all come out eventually over the next few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here