Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet drops Employment Tribunial against Albion!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why would they? It's been settled.
We have no proof that they were being gobshitey.

They may not have been goshitey, but they definitely were outspoken and a bit bolshie.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
To be fair, you are right, we do know some of it.
We know he was in talks with Reading in March and we know that he used those talks to try and get a better deal out of BHA. We also know that he offered his resignation during March.
Beyond that, we will never know the rest.

Not sure about that, maybe not today or tomorrow, but one day it will come out. Might take 10-15 years or more, but people know what happened and someone will blab before they take it to their grave. It might even help sell Tony Blooms autobiography "BHA FC Champions League Glory".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amen and let's all just move on

We are on the OsCAR now

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Sounds like bullshit to me. Why would the club offer him money to walk when his case was apparently shakey, and there was nothing to walk from (he has already been sacked)?

Believe what you will - this was offered to him (allegedly) before the outcome of the investigation, the source has flown north.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Allegedly.

I have proof, the architect's drawings smuggled out of Gus' office at the Amex;

Scan.jpeg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
...and thereby smoothing the way for a raid on our squad in January

I hope not.

How would Poyet dropping the unfair dismissal claim suddenly make the club happy for him to come in and take our best players? I have every confidence that TB will do what is best for the club (which obviously doesn't preclude selling if massive offers come in).

Dropping the claim makes little/no difference IMO

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I never in a million years thought this would go to court. The club has seemed very sure of its actions all the way through and even the casual observer could see that Gus's behaviour throughout this saga has been erratic and inconsistent. I have big respect for his management qualities but not his personal conduct.

And in terms of the speculation and rumour, this is certainly not the end. We'll all be talking about this for years, simply because it's a good story. And, to a large extent, an unsolved mystery.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
We want to know what happened !!

Do you think there will be any revelations in Dicks book?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have been involved in many tribunal cases and very rarely do they get dropped without a settlement being reached. We can therefore assume (but do not know) that some kind of payment will have been made. Beyond that is idle speculation.

As an employer you tend not to settle if you have a cast iron case.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I loved him when he was here... but it went so wrong, and he treated us so badly at the end that I cant forgive or forget.. not till I know what really happened.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds like bullshit to me. Why would the club offer him money to walk when his case was apparently shakey, and there was nothing to walk from (he has already been sacked)?

The club might offer him money in order to:
Bring the whole sorry tale to an end, seeing as it has been hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles for months.
Enable those involved in it to get on with something more useful.
Avoid spending more money on what are probably ridiculous legal fees.
Avoid the dirty laundry on either or both sides being aired in public.

So however much people might not like it, a settlement could well be the best solution for all concerned,

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have been involved in many tribunal cases and very rarely do they get dropped without a settlement being reached. We can therefore assume (but do not know) that some kind of payment will have been made. Beyond that is idle speculation.

As an employer you tend not to settle if you have a cast iron case.

The club might offer him money in order to:Bring the whole sorry tale to an end, seeing as it has been hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles for months.
Enable those involved in it to get on with something more useful.
Avoid spending more money on what are probably ridiculous legal fees.
Avoid the dirty laundry on either or both sides being aired in public.

So however much people might not like it, a settlement could well be the best solution for all concerned,

That is not in line with the tone and spirit of what Tony Bloom said last week at the NWSS meeting. He said there was no money in the budget for any sort of settlement or legal appeal costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here