Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Plenty of people have played/managed both., but few people in our club's history have been on the receiving end of the level of abuse he and his family received. So of course it would be a consideration. He may well go to Palace, but I'm sure he would mindful and consider whether joining our bitter rivals might be picking at old wounds.
And then there’s the money, which overcomes all barriers in football. Nah, think you’re on your own believing rivalry’s a consideration.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And then there’s the money, which overcomes all barriers in football. Nah, think you’re on your own believing rivalry’s a consideration.
He does not care about rivalry one jot, he would still live down here if he took the job at Palace, I do personally think it would be a backward step for him though. As for him going to Palace. he is history and would add some spice to the fixture as it has all gone a bit lame the last few games, there seems something missing in the air when we play them now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I agree.

I think the Chelsea move was too good to turn down and failure at Chelsea was deemed to be mid table and still in the UCL QF.

I’m not sure Potter would be employable in England if failure happened at palace. The jeopardy is high and if Palace were to go down it would be terrible for his career. I guess the only move after that would be on the continent somewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s not stuck for cash and I do appreciate the importance of not being out the game too long but going to Palace now would be such a bad move.

It’s not a “big club”, relegation is possible, the abuse would be ridiculous and he doesn’t need the money.

Wait for WHU or Man United, Graham. Palace isn’t the one. It’s not worth it.
I disagree. Palace are a dull club with no real plan, but their squad is mid-table and there are much worse clubs in the Premier League than them. He'd have to really mess it up to the them relegated. All he'd have to do is finish 9th -12th with them for a couple of seasons and he'd be a solid Premier League manager again. He is more than capable of that, and could use them to make that step up to a bigger club again. I would be keen if I were him, I can't see he's going to get that much of a better option. Taking the Man Utd job has a much higher risk of failure, and if he failed there his chances of being a proper big 6 manager are done. He's had his big payday and a shot at it once, he'd be far better off taking a more sensible job and learning and preparing again for a few years and rebuilding his reputation for a bit.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I disagree. Palace are a dull club with no real plan, but their squad is mid-table and there are much worse clubs in the Premier League than them. He'd have to really mess it up to the them relegated. All he'd have to do is finish 19th -12th with them for a couple of seasons and he'd be a solid Premier League manager again. He is more than capable of that, and could use them to make that step up to a bigger club again. I would be keen if I were him, I can't see he's going to get that much of a better option. Taking the Man Utd job has a much higher risk of failure, and if he failed there his chances of being a proper big 6 manager are done. He's had his big payday and a shot at it once, he'd be far better off taking a more sensible job and learning and preparing again for a few years and rebuilding his reputation for a bit.
would he take Bruno with him this time ?

Not sure I could stomach Bruno on their bench, that would hurt

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
would he take Bruno with him this time ?

Not sure I could stomach Bruno on their bench, that would hurt
No idea. Thing is for Bruno, it probably makes sense for him to follow him, so I'm sure he'd go if asked.

I think I'd like Potter to go to Palace as it would add some real spice to the rivalry. But not Bruno, it would feel really sad him being there.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Money is a factor. But he does have plenty already. I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying though, its not the rivalry as such that would be a consideration, I think its the potential impact on his family that would be a consideration. I'm sure he would sit down and think, "what are the chances that this move is likely to have a negative impact on my family?"

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I disagree. Palace are a dull club with no real plan, but their squad is mid-table and there are much worse clubs in the Premier League than them. He'd have to really mess it up to the them relegated. All he'd have to do is finish 19th -12th with them for a couple of seasons and he'd be a solid Premier League manager again. He is more than capable of that, and could use them to make that step up to a bigger club again. I would be keen if I were him, I can't see he's going to get that much of a better option. Taking the Man Utd job has a much higher risk of failure, and if he failed there his chances of being a proper big 6 manager are done. He's had his big payday and a shot at it once, he'd be far better off taking a more sensible job and learning and preparing again for a few years and rebuilding his reputation for a bit.

Certainly wouldn’t want to finish 19th but I get your point.

I’m just saying it’s a risk. Luton on the up, Everton with siege mentality. Wilder back at Sheff. With 18 odd games to play it’s not nailed on who is up or down.

Remember how the De Boer experiment failed trying to play a certain way with the wrong tools. Last thing Palace need now is to lose 7/10 trying to establish potterball. It’s such a risk.

What? We want him at Palace before our game in a couple of weeks, It would spice things up nicely.
The concern you have for his career is touching though 🤣

I’ve got no problem with him really. Only human. It was a kick in the balls but we’ve all got to keep our powder dry. Even more controversial. I don’t hate Palace 🤭.

But I would be really wound up if this became a thing. Just enjoy you life Graham, don’t be a mug.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
No idea. Thing is for Bruno, it probably makes sense for him to follow him, so I'm sure he'd go if asked.

I think I'd like Potter to go to Palace as it would add some real spice to the rivalry. But not Bruno, it would feel really sad him being there.
Bruno could go a way to redeeming himself were he to refuse any role there and go public for his reason. He surely won't be desperate for the money after his cameo at Chelsea with Potter & Co and they'll always be an opening in the future for him somewhere. He has more Albion history to redeem than Potter ever had.

I believe 'iirc.'(?) Bobby Z turned down a move there whilst at Fulham and said something along the lines of not wishing to blot his legacy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Certainly wouldn’t want to finish 19th but I get your point.

I’m just saying it’s a risk. Luton on the up, Everton with siege mentality. Wilder back at Sheff. With 18 odd games to play it’s not nailed on who is up or down.

Remember how the De Boer experiment failed trying to play a certain way with the wrong tools. Last thing Palace need now is to lose 7/10 trying to establish potterball. It’s such a risk.

I’ve got no problem with him really. Only human. It was a kick in the balls but we’ve all got to keep our powder dry. Even more controversial. I don’t hate Palace 🤭.

But I would be really wound up if this became a thing. Just enjoy you life Graham, don’t be a mug.
I meant 9th!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Apologies for the usual cliche but a friend of a friend supposedly knows a couple of Palace players and allegedly Potter is almost a done deal with discussions well advanced.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apologies for the usual cliche but a friend of a friend supposedly knows a couple of Palace players and allegedly Potter is almost a done deal with discussions well advanced.
Is Parish spinning things out for 8 days so he doesn't have to buy Potter's Picks this window ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Apparently in the frame for the AC Milan job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here