Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
consecutive managers at Palace been promised investment and growth of the club, taking "a project" forward. they've been sold short with nothing but scraps and Zaha to work with. Zaha is going. next manager will just get by on whats there and dart throw, budget recruitment. Potter wouldnt be taken in by that would he?
He would be wiser to take on Stains, and get them promoted. Stains have a nicer, bigger stadium, located in a nicer part of the word, commutable from Brighton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True, he’s already been sold a “here for the long game” pup, big big gamble to believe things will be any different at knee jerk Palace
And with the way he plays, a couple of losses and the crowd will turn against the 'Brighton pillock' and all the bullying of the weird tooth-sucking brummy will begin. Like it did on occasion on NSC while he was still our manager.

While I can easily wish this on Palace, I don't really wish it on him. And I don't like anything that links us with Palarse. It was bad enough when Mullers went there. And when 'our manager', Mr VD (cured), got a big cheer as he waved to his former faithful, pre-kick-off, before they tonked us 5-0 at shitehole park. Link me not.

No, stay away from Palarse, Graham. It will only be the utter ruin of you. And they will still stay up after they have sacked you.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I sincerely hope that we never see Bruno back here as anything but a member of an opposition coaching team :shrug:
But we accepted Murray (and Mullery), even Gary ‘hoof’ O’Reilly didn’t receive too much abuse.

Sorry, @Harry Wilson's tackle but I still love Bruno, and we all make mistakes.
(Not that my wife goes on NSC, but to be clear this does not apply to her, oh sh!t she’s behind me)😧

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But we accepted Murray (and Mullery), even Gary ‘hoof’ O’Reilly didn’t receive too much abuse.

Sorry, @Harry Wilson's tackle but I still love Bruno, and we all make mistakes.
(Not that my wife goes on NSC, but to be clear this does not apply to her, oh sh!t she’s behind me)😧
I accepted just Murray and only because he was effectively shown the door by Poyet after we signed CMS. Most gutted I’ve ever been to see a player leave and it turned out to be such a cock up, with his goals getting Palace into the playoffs they beat us in. I was delighted when he came back having been shown the door by Palace and a failed loan to Smug.

Bruno “once a seagull……” couldn’t pack his bag fast enough, f*** him :angry:

Last edited:

papachris

I think Graham Potter did a good job for us. Him going to Chelsea and taking a significant amount of coaching staff with him hurt for sure.
I would compare it to a divorce. Yes it hurts at the time but the sooner you can move on the better. Being bitter about the ex wife / husband will only hurt yourself. I know, I've been divorced by someone that decided they wanted someone else but moved on quickly and have a far better life now.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That’s just not really true, is it? If he wants to manage in the Premier League again then there are what, 5-10 clubs absolute max that he’d have a chance at getting a job at. Palace are a stable Premier League club with a half decent squad,they would surely be one of the better options of that 5-10 for him.

If you’re talking about ‘principles’ as in not managing Palace after managing Brighton then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. He’s not from Brighton, he’s never had any real affiliation with us and he’s managed another club since. To turn down another Premier League job based on this would be absolute insanity for an ambitious Coach.
No. As in his principles as an up and coming ambitious coach taking over and developing over the medium term at a well run club, with a modern stadium, an excellent youth set up, a decent, wealthy, clever and supportive owner/chairman, one of the best training complexes, a young talented first team supported by some excellent experienced players, money available to improve.

Compared to Palace who have what? Even when compared to Chelsea.

He needs to rebuild his credibility. Not join that lot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And with the way he plays, a couple of losses and the crowd will turn against the 'Brighton pillock' and all the bullying of the weird tooth-sucking brummy will begin. Like it did on occasion on NSC while he was still our manager.

While I can easily wish this on Palace, I don't really wish it on him. And I don't like anything that links us with Palarse. It was bad enough when Mullers went there. And when 'our manager', Mr VD (cured), got a big cheer as he waved to his former faithful, pre-kick-off, before they tonked us 5-0 at shitehole park. Link me not.

No, stay away from Palarse, Graham. It will only be the utter ruin of you. And they will still stay up after they have sacked you.
Ideally he should stay away from football really. He was never all that good at it. Total plodder. He doesn't need the money anymore. And he certainly doesn't need the grief. Maybe he should just open an ashram or something. Or lay out the cones for his missus on Hove Lawns:shrug:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Southampton would have been ideal but Russell Martin has got the gig.
West Ham would have been ideal but Moyes will survive due to getting to the final of the Inter-Toto cup thingy.
Spurs will be too nervous to take a chance after GP's Chelsea tenure.
Wolves look a possible Premier League destination if Julen Lopetegui walks due to lack of budget.
Leeds are a basket case and would be a decent possibility as they need some kind of calmness.
Leicester with their training facilities would be a good fit but their fans will be expecting an immediate return.

Probably somewhere in France, Spain, Germany is the most suitable if he's happy to relocate his family again.

Hindsight is a great thing but staying at Brighton delivering on a top ten target with the wealth of talent available would seem to have been a good choice.

But I suppose there were millions of reasons to take the Chelsea job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here