[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We had the same shots and one less on target than Arsenal

So you are basically saying that we should be beating teams like Arsenal with a squad that cost a small percentage of theirs?

Oh come on this is the worst Arsenal side in living memory. They’ve been getting their arse handed to then regularly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The variants in these polls, and the closeness to the end of the game's alignment with the 'out' vote, makes them almost laughable.

Unlike many previous managers, I don't think Potter is the issue here. The problem with saying that is the emotive silver bullet, that many fans place all hope on, is removed.

The squad is not good enough. Most neutrals, of much experience, seem to have this view. Brighton do enough to win matches, but they don't have the tools.

I'll vote my last 'Potter in' and leave it there. But there is no instant fix and we have to deal with that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
oh goddamn it,I'm still undecided!

I really quite enjoyed the first half tonight. But then when we conceded, I conceded. We'd lost. Not a good sign.

I think the feeling of Potter out is compounded by the annoyance re the way Leeds are playing..... barstewards.

Tbf I think Sheffield and The Other Albion will comfortably occupy the bottom two. So can Potter scrape us through while still progressing youth and Bloom investing well in January and the summer? I think the covid situation will buy Potter more time - it's been an odd year.

So, I'm still Potter In. Just.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Wrong.. wrong...wrong....we have a squad perfectly capable of staying up. We have players coveted by big teams. The only thing we don't have is a manager who can readjust and simplify things. He appears confused and is now reactive rather than proactive. Tonights line up was a complete gamble. The gamble got to HT. That was the time to go on the front foot. It was passive..ineffective management. Totally the fault of the manager. Its either arrogance or naivety.

Totally agree there is defo a manager who can do way better with this squad. Potter said at the start of the season it’s my job to work with the players and make them better- well bar Biss and Sanchez can’t think of any others.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
27th

27.jpg

29th

29.jpg

:ffsparr:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The variants in these polls, and the closeness to the end of the game's alignment with the 'out' vote, makes them almost laughable.

Unlike many previous managers, I don't think Potter is the issue here. The problem with saying that is the emotive silver bullet, that many fans place all hope on, is removed.

The squad is not good enough. Most neutrals, of much experience, seem to have this view. Brighton do enough to win matches, but they don't have the tools.

I'll vote my last 'Potter in' and leave it there. But there is no instant fix and we have to deal with that.

Surely the squad is far better than the squad Hughton had in his time here? We are just not pragmatic enough to win matches, we leave gaping holes in our defence and concede set piece goals for fun. Welbeck and Maupay on the bench tonight, and Welbeck doesn't even get on, why?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
We had the same shots and one less on target than Arsenal

So you are basically saying that we should be beating teams like Arsenal with a squad that cost a small percentage of theirs?

I wouldn't say we should be beating teams like Arsenal, but, like today, we have large periods in games where we are dominating possession, we are attacking but as soon as we get anywhere near the penalty area we crumble. Arsenal were there for the taking in that first half and we were so so wasteful, again.

The commentators tonight were saying whatever Arfeta said at half time worked, I would love to hear what Potter says at half time because so often we are a different team in the second half and more often than not, not for the better.

Another point the commentators pointed out was that our substitutes were ineffective, how many times have we heard that this season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He could be saying to Tony we have no back up help me in the Jan window?

Why does he need back up ? I’d be asking why did you bench our top scorer, the game after he scored the first time in ages

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
I know. Pathetic isn’t it.

Fortunately it’s worth remember these guys aren’t representative of the whole Albion fan base. The overwhelming majority of NSC has been Potter in for all of these polls.

Unfortunately people will be more and more reluctant to speak up in defence due to the abuse they face from this vindictive, reactionary and entitled part of our fan base.

End of the day I trust the club and Tony Bloom. Anyone giving abuse to the manager (and other fans today) would do well to remember that it comes down to him, and by abusing Potter, you are criticising our own Tony.

When then? When is enough? He's won 11 games in 54. That's a win rate of 20.3%, worse than CH in the PL! That's a large enough sample to see a pattern. Genuine question: what would it take to change your mind? I have. A wise man once said "When the facts change I change my mind, what do you do sir?".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why does he need back up ? I’d be asking why did you bench our top scorer, the game after he scored the first time in ages

The one that did absolutely feck all when he did come on?

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
And that graphic shows exactly how reactionary some of our fans are...2 days off the back of one game

Actually what it says is that this is a bellwether moment that has changed the mind of fans. The starting XI today was disgraceful, the game management just as bad.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Football management is a results business, Potter is not getting results. We may still go down if we change manager buts its a near certainty if we dont. Please Tony, Try someone else as project Potter ,with our current group of players ,will surely take us down .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here