Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The most reactive fan base in the league. We go from 60% in after a point against West Ham and now we lose due to 1 moment of quality from a 50 mil cf in form and thats the tipping point?

The tipping point for several of us was the shameful draw again 10-man Sheffield United, after useless draws against three other teams at the bottom (one of which Leeds humiliated tonight).

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I know. Pathetic isn’t it.

Fortunately it’s worth remember these guys aren’t representative of the whole Albion fan base. The overwhelming majority of NSC has been Potter in for all of these polls.

Unfortunately people will be more and more reluctant to speak up in defence due to the abuse they face from this vindictive, reactionary and entitled part of our fan base.

End of the day I trust the club and Tony Bloom. Anyone giving abuse to the manager (and other fans today) would do well to remember that it comes down to him, and by abusing Potter, you are criticising our own Tony.

Serious question- are you making love to Potter? (Edited as vagabond is a pansy)

Last edited:

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
After Sheffield I was "Potter in, but...". After West Ham I was on the fence. Now, I'm out.

Huge gamble playing a League Cup starting XI out there tonight. Fair enough if we were on a good run, but when you desperately need a result at home, he had about a 10% chance of that pulling off. How he took Ali J and Pröpper (who actually worked their socks off tonight) off as well and left Gross and Bernardo on the pitch is beyond me.

At what point do people think he'll turn it around?

When there is the quality in the final third to finish the numerous chances more consistently.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Gone for out, as I believe nothing will change. If Bloom get his cheque book out and buys a new left back and striker I could change back to in.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
OUT

There is absolutely no reason to keep the muppet unless Bloom has lined up a £50m centre forward in January

That isn't enough. We need a RWB to cover Lamptey who seems a bit injury prone , a LB / LWB to over March or play back4 too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He coaches them. Along with those other 2 coaches. How can a team have 13 attempts and only 2 on target? It's all down to what they learn in training and it looks like they learn bugger all.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

We had the same shots and one less on target than Arsenal

So you are basically saying that we should be beating teams like Arsenal with a squad that cost a small percentage of theirs?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Eddie Howe, no thanks. Spent huge sums on shit players and He can’t manage ‘ego’s . Very much relies on lower league players and bringing them into the PL, rather than managing experienced pros.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It's all well and good playing pretty football but my god it's so predictable. We are awful in the final third, yes the players are at fault and we probably could do with some investment in attack but for a "clever" coach, surely he can see whatever he is doing in training or his tactics aren't working and needs to change.
We started the season of by saying we are unlucky, we will get the results of we keep playing the way we do, well we are nearly half way through the season and we seem to be going backwards, that's not progression.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Realistically, who would we bring in?

Arrgghhh why do we fans need to answer that? There are literally hundreds of managers in professional world football are you really saying not one of them could do better? What would we do if Potter walks? Raise the white flag because realistically there is no one better.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Uh oh, did you ask for Vagabond’s permission to post this?

:lol: there he is ^^

And here’s one of the abusive posters.

Better be careful with this guy, he invents conversations that he’s had with you and uses it against you. Genuinely disturbed by that.. First person I’m going to block here.

At least others who have a pop use my own words (and I’m more than happy to have back and forth with these guys).

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
In, obviously.

He's done everything that has been asked of him. Developed youth, played positive and progressive football.

He has just been let down by the club. Barely investing in the first team is not really acceptable, unless you want to play football like Burnley. You can't have your cake and eat it.

We could get rid of Potter, and get someone who plays backs to the wall, ugly football. It might keep us up. It might not. But we would NEVER progress to the next level like that.

Potter is doing everything right... he just doesn't have the players to turn 1 point into 3.

On the contrary, I really feel we could be doing a fair bit better with the group of players we have. Not top half, but certainly top of the bottom half. Our forward players have no belief. Our defence falls apart at the drop of a hat. The line up changes significantly nearly every week meaning there a lack of cohesion and understanding on the pitch. Players play well then find themselves back on the bench. Players playing poorly or not for donkeys suddenly find themselves getting 90mins out of leftfield (and often play shit). Our build up has become so slow and predictable.

Potter is very lucky no fans are allowed in the stadium. Would've been toxic tonight.

I really believe that we have a squad capable of finishing around 12th currently. On paper it's certainly nowhere near as bad as 17th and 13 points, imo.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No fence after 1 home win in 17 and playing with no strikers time to go???

He wont be fired imho, but he looks totally out of his depth. im not sure if he has the first clue what he's doing. Totally ridiculous selection, almost like he'd give up the chance to win before the game. How can a team of so many changes, have any consistency whatsoever? Nearly every other team would start with the best 11, bar the odd one or two changes, and then sub off those best players when/if they fade. We started with a league cup 11, no proper attacker, the players looked lost at times, no fluidity and a couple of them looked liked theyd won a prize to play a game.

Its a shambles. And not better than Hughton, occasionally its more polished dross, but still absolute dross.

I honestly believe a different man could get more from this squad.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In, obviously.

He's done everything that has been asked of him. Developed youth, played positive and progressive football.

He has just been let down by the club. Barely investing in the first team is not really acceptable, unless you want to play football like Burnley. You can't have your cake and eat it.

We could get rid of Potter, and get someone who plays backs to the wall, ugly football. It might keep us up. It might not. But we would NEVER progress to the next level like that.

Potter is doing everything right... he just doesn't have the players to turn 1 point into 3.

Wrong.. wrong...wrong....we have a squad perfectly capable of staying up. We have players coveted by big teams. The only thing we don't have is a manager who can readjust and simplify things. He appears confused and is now reactive rather than proactive. Tonights line up was a complete gamble. The gamble got to HT. That was the time to go on the front foot. It was passive..ineffective management. Totally the fault of the manager. Its either arrogance or naivety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here