[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Lampard! How on earth can anyone see Lampard as an upgrade on Potter. I don’t care how bad Potter was there is no way on earth Lampard is better

If Lampard didn’t have his career behind him he would be lucky to get the job at Crawley
Well it's simple math really.

You sack Frank and replace him with Tuchel, then you sack Tuchel and replace him with Potter, then you sack Potter and replace him with...Frank. It's the associative property of football management. Or is it the communitive property? Maybe it's some kind of quantum uncertainty? We could ask a cat, but Zouma kick them all out.

Or maybe it's the circle-of-life?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How can any single person amass so much money they can spend £50,000,000 on managers, over the course of 3/4ers of one single season, with the end result being Frank f*****g Lampard?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What happens to Bruno now?
When this was being discussed on 5Live earlier, they said he'd remain until the end of the season.

Interestingly, Billy Reid left with Potter, but Bjorn Hamberg remained. Kyle Macauley is also staying put for now, but he's not involved in coaching like the others are.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lampard is a bit of a joke. A disastrous, clueless manager who is lucky to get any job, let alone a Premier League one and he will fail in the long run.

BUT this isn’t great timing for us. Their first home game with him back is against us and there will without doubt be a buoyant atmosphere, a lot better than the recent pit of despair Stamford Bridge has been recently. With an up for it crowd, that collection of players and Kante fit, that game is looking a lot harder for us now.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I should imagine they are paying Frank around £85m to manage until the end of the season. Todd will have a clever plan though, sack Frank after 8 games and then negotiate so that he only has to pay £62m. A master strategist in action.
They don't call him Big Brain Boehly for nothing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chelsea can fix their on-field issues if they just get some more good players in.

Boehly's footballing nous matches America's solution for gun crime - they just need more guns.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While Lamps might get some of their toxic supporters briefly onside I don't see him getting that more from the players, though the squad will get rapidly easier to manage as he throws a couple under the bus each week and ostracises them.

Hopefully by the time we play them he'll have settled on a midfield and forward line entirely unsuited to pressing and instruct them to do so without really having coached them in how to.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any more managers going to pop up at their former clubs this season? Poch in at Spuds? Ranieri return at Leicester?

I'm amazed these clubs have no strategy or plan when they sack a manager.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How can any single person amass so much money they can spend £50,000,000 on managers, over the course of 3/4ers of one single season, with the end result being Frank f*****g Lampard?

That's gotta hurt if you're Potter.

'Yeah, we think that Frank Lampard is a better option than you for the rest of the season'

🤣🤣🤣
Both of these points are of course laughably true. The only reason for appointing Lampard is that Boehly is hoping to get the fans onside until the end of the season; at least Stamford Bridge shouldn't be so toxic now that a club legend is in charge. And there's so many players and they are good, so surely even a Sunday League manager can get a tune out of then? Just play them in their right positions in a simple formation and see what happens, it can't be any worse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Any more managers going to pop up at their former clubs this season? Poch in at Spuds? Ranieri return at Leicester?

I'm amazed these clubs have no strategy or plan when they sack a manager.
Until very recently We are one of very few, if not the forst club who has had a succession plan. The predictability of the shitshows on display kind of proves that Shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports