[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Graham Potter had some Chelsea players sit on the floor in team meetings as the manager struggled to manage an oversized squad before his sacking, according to a report.
At the end of the day any manager in the world would have failed in that environment. Which makes it all the more satisfying considering that Graham left such a good thing for such a doomed project. It also bodes well that Chelsea are going to be a basket case for several years to come.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s fine, he understands the club and the level expected apparently. (Not withstanding that they sacked him!)

I’ve booked marked a couple of tweets to refer to once he doesn’t do any better.

Quite dangerous appointing a club legend as the fans will turn on the owner if it doesn’t work out this time.

I don’t think Toddy has thought this through

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lampard! How on earth can anyone see Lampard as an upgrade on Potter. I don’t care how bad Potter was there is no way on earth Lampard is better

If Lampard didn’t have his career behind him he would be lucky to get the job at Crawley

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Seems to be loads of excuses why Potter failed apart from Potter himself. Is it really that hard of a job having a squad of talented players to choose from each week. There was no need to play Chelsea players out of position many of them are some of the best in their natural positions. No need for them to suffer and it’s a process it’s all crap for his own failings.
RDZ has took hold of his previous squad even losing Trossard in the process and super charged them with the belief they can beat anyone and achieve great things. No excuses or history lessons required.
I also doubt Mitoma would be the Mitoma we are watching today under Potter.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chelsea have opened talks with Frank Lampard over a stunning return as interim manager as they continue to search for a permanent replacement for Graham Potter. Lampard is ready to help on a short-term basis at the club where he played for more than a decade and was sacked as head coach in January 2021.
Now SINGED.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Frank Lampard is set to be appointed interim Chelsea manager until the end of the season - just over two years after the club sacked him.

He has been out of a job since January when he was dismissed by Everton after less than a year in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is unlikely to end well :smile:

The guy is a useless manager, so I think we can write off Chelsea this season, Lampard has no chance of bringing 30+ over hyped players together. I hope Bruno loves working under him, the snake.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That is absolutely mental. As has been mentioned earlier, they've tried to copy the Brighton model by buying our people, but then haven't actually tried to mirror our approach.

It's pretty clear even to those outside the club that one of the key parts of our model is succession planning. And they don't seem to have given that a passing thought.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A good move by them. Appointing someone who can at least get the fans off the players back.

He will get them more points from now till the end of the season that Potter or bruno would

Struggling along with a total novice was never a real option

Now, will bruno get his payout?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having Lampard as manager must surely be a good thing with us going there soon, increases our chances of turning them over, but nothing is certain in football……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports