Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The longer they keep Potter this season, the more chance we have of finishing above Chelsea. I hope the Todd is just too embarrassed to sack Potter and admit his own poor judgment. £80m+ spent on ripping him as his staff away from us, what a daft plonker the Todd is.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I’m talking about the cost to the Todd, not the fee we have received. It’s cost him £60m for Potter‘s contract alone. If he sacks him, he has to pay up. If he keeps him, he has to pay up.
How do you know? Some have a pay out cap in their contract like pardew at Newcastle. Could be one year pay out if don’t perform.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m talking about the cost to the Todd, not the fee we have received. It’s cost him £60m for Potter‘s contract alone. If he sacks him, he has to pay up. If he keeps him, he has to pay up.
More likely end up with a compromise agreement…….although Boehly seems happy to chuck vast sums of money around without good reason

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More likely end up with a compromise agreement…….although Boehly seems happy to chuck vast sums of money around without good reason
I remember some dullard banging on about Chelsea spending the most on sacked manager compensation in the EPL. The figure was huge, maybe £80m or more. If they do bin Potter, his compensation wouldn’t be that far away from £60m with an agreement in place I believe. If there is a cheaper way to get him out in the first year as some speculate, then he is a dead man walking.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I remember some dullard banging on about Chelsea spending the most on sacked manager compensation in the EPL. The figure was huge, maybe £80m or more. If they do bin Potter, his compensation wouldn’t be that far away from £60m with an agreement in place I believe. If there is a cheaper way to get him out in the first year as some speculate, then he is a dead man walking.
A humiliating defeat in Germany could well hasten that process.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I watched part of the WHU Chelsea game on Saturday. At times it was liking I was watching an expensively assembled Hypia team. In possession they are all so passive, standing back as if to say, "place the ball at my feet and marvel at my skills". I don't think Potter has the authority to sort this mess out. They need at least a couple of grafters in midfield, which means upsetting a couple of highly paid superstars and an interfering owner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get the feeling it’s going to “click” soon. They played WHU off the park in the first half and were denied a nailed on pen to win the game.

I will be surprised if we finish the season above them tbh

It’s fun watching them stumbling along, just don’t expect it to continue

When it does Swanny will be back with a vengeance :smile:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I watched part of the WHU Chelsea game on Saturday. At times it was liking I was watching an expensively assembled Hypia team. In possession they are all so passive, standing back as if to say, "place the ball at my feet and marvel at my skills". I don't think Potter has the authority to sort this mess out. They need at least a couple of grafters in midfield, which means upsetting a couple of highly paid superstars and an interfering owner.
Watched the whole game and thought they were pretty much unplayable for the first 20 minutes or so. Were it not for their movement for the two disallowed goals being slightly too eager they'd have been three up by half-time and out of sight.

Second half looked much more par for the course for Potter, like you say. Passive, no verve in attack.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watched the whole game and thought they were pretty much unplayable for the first 20 minutes or so. Were it not for their movement for the two disallowed goals being slightly too eager they'd have been three up by half-time and out of sight.

Second half looked much more par for the course for Potter, like you say. Passive, no verve in attack.
How often did that pattern emerge with us, not take early chances, then second half different story...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I get the feeling it’s going to “click” soon. They played WHU off the park in the first half and were denied a nailed on pen to win the game.

I will be surprised if we finish the season above them tbh

It’s fun watching them stumbling along, just don’t expect it to continue

When it does Swanny will be back with a vengeance :smile:
I agree...but if it doesn't click with those millions spent...🤦‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here