Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ooooooooooooooo

Potter gets angry, is it getting to him, is he losing his cool....

Please Dortmund thrash Chelsea :ROFLMAO:

Thought he was as absolutely bang on there, especially the bits about grassroots football. You can’t have it both ways.

Hope they get battered tonight.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ooooooooooooooo

Potter gets angry, is it getting to him, is he losing his cool....

Please Dortmund thrash Chelsea :ROFLMAO:

He is absolutely spot on to be fair. We can engineer reasons to keep laughing at him, sure, but this isn't one of them. For those who don't want to watch the video:

“I try to be careful not to get into these discussions through the media,” Potter said. “Of course I get angry. I am a human being, just like you. I just choose to conduct myself in a way that I think is right on the side [of the pitch]. The same media talk about wanting me to be more angry but then run stories about problems in grassroots football and don’t see the connection.

“That’s not to say that we don’t all lose our temper, because we do. It’s an emotional thing. At the same time, I think I have a responsibility to myself, Chelsea and the game to act in a responsible way for me. For me, not anyone else; for me."

But yes, let's all have a laugh because he's "rattled"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from his history lesson outburst after Leeds at home, he was considered, if a little boring, throughout his tenure here with his comments and reactions to good and bad results.

I have no problem with that little outburst, he’s not wrong is he?

Now COME ON Dortmund :wink:

Jimmy Grimble

Chelsea going through could still be good for us. Would rather they had their eyes on that than the league. Likewise Liverpool and Spurs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Chelsea win the Champions League and finish (say) 6th then they would qualify for the CL and the side finishing 7th would be in the Europa League.

#JustSayin

But also...

Come on the Fatherland

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He is absolutely spot on to be fair. We can engineer reasons to keep laughing at him, sure, but this isn't one of them. For those who don't want to watch the video:

“I try to be careful not to get into these discussions through the media,” Potter said. “Of course I get angry. I am a human being, just like you. I just choose to conduct myself in a way that I think is right on the side [of the pitch]. The same media talk about wanting me to be more angry but then run stories about problems in grassroots football and don’t see the connection.

“That’s not to say that we don’t all lose our temper, because we do. It’s an emotional thing. At the same time, I think I have a responsibility to myself, Chelsea and the game to act in a responsible way for me. For me, not anyone else; for me."

So he thought he was doing the right thing by digging out his own supporters more than once? Interesting take that. Possibly the worst thing a coach/manager could do.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So he thought he was doing the right thing by digging out his own supporters more than once? Interesting take that. Possibly the worst thing a coach/manager could do.
I'm not sure how you got him being spot on about ref abuse in 2023 to thinking I'm condoning him having a go at Brighton fans in 2021

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If Chelsea win the Champions League and finish (say) 6th then they would qualify for the CL and the side finishing 7th would be in the Europa League.

#JustSayin

But also...

Come on the Fatherland
Chelsea aren’t finishing in the top 6 this season. I’d love them to get knocked out in the semi-final, preferably by another English team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Funny how people have a different interpretation of what a manager says – and how they say it – depending on whether they like them or not. Or whether they are in charge of their team or not...

On another note, I can't see why people haven't moved on from Potter and whatever he did/said when he was here :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny how people have a different interpretation of what a manager says – and how they say it – depending on whether they like them or not. Or whether they are in charge of their team or not...

On another note, I can't see why people haven't moved on from Potter and whatever he did/said when he was here :shrug:
On the same note, I can't see why you haven't moved on from repeating that at every available opportunity :lol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can't see why people haven't moved on from Potter and whatever he did/said when he was here :shrug:
I should move on your right, but the child in me, can't forgive his comments about us fans, his departure, and his remarks about after the Chelsea game, and he is on reflection so dull, and foremost it's funny.

I am sure if given time, he will do a good job, mainly because of the talent and money available, I recall those games without a win and he just lacked the killer instinct of guile that RDZ seems to have, so for that reason I owe him a thanks for pissing off. :ROFLMAO:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Nothing better to do I guess :fishing:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I should move on your right, but the child in me, can't forgive his comments about us fans, his departure, and his remarks about after the Chelsea game, and he is on reflection so dull, and foremost it's funny.

I am sure if given time, he will do a good job, mainly because of the talent and money available, I recall those games without a win and he just lacked the killer instinct of guile that RDZ seems to have, so for that reason I owe him a thanks for pissing off. :ROFLMAO:
I can’t and won’t forgive “if I’d wanted an easy life I’d have stayed at Brighton”

****, I really hope he crashes and burns

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm just an incredibly bitter person, the comments on the 'easy life' bore me. I think its also he seemed to think everyone would be fine with him taking all the staff, recruitment people etc, except we were all thoroughly pissed off. He didn't understand the emotional side to it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can’t and won’t forgive “if I’d wanted an easy life I’d have stayed at Brighton”

****, I really hope he crashes and burns
This, his ideal we should put up and shut up because we once almost went out of business and played at Withdean was disrespectful to everyone involved in the Albion. He didn’t give the club a second thought when the Chelsea pound came calling I have no idea why some still hold a flame for the tosser.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I want him to fail at Chelsea because it is funny to see them below us in the table and it increases our chances of Europe. He was a brilliant manager for us who got us playing the best football we had ever played up until that point and it is stupid to suggest otherwise. He wasn't perfect and DeZ is showing us that there are better managers than him. But would we have interested DeZ if we hadn't had Potter first? I don't think so.

So thanks again Mr P and I hope your struggles at Chelsea get resolved before Todd thinks about poaching DeZ.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

And you are absolutely spot on. It just shows that Potter is a decent, thoughtful person; it also shows that he does get angry, when it's warranted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here