Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watched the whole game and thought they were pretty much unplayable for the first 20 minutes or so. Were it not for their movement for the two disallowed goals being slightly too eager they'd have been three up by half-time and out of sight.

Second half looked much more par for the course for Potter, like you say. Passive, no verve in attack.
Chelsea pundits today mocked their own “great for the first 20 minutes” claim.

Pointing out that in the remaining 70+ minutes they were poor and West Ham more than their match.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
David Ornstein ( The Athletic )
" Chelsea hierarchy intend to judge Graham Potter by years, not months or games. CFC expects progress but giving the 47 yr old significant time. Joining new project mid-season, ongoing re-build, injuries and youth drive mean job seen as safe + long term "

So there you have it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Watched the whole game and thought they were pretty much unplayable for the first 20 minutes or so. Were it not for their movement for the two disallowed goals being slightly too eager they'd have been three up by half-time and out of sight.

Second half looked much more par for the course for Potter, like you say. Passive, no verve in attack.
Remind you of anyone? We would look amazing in games score one goal when we should of been out of sight by half time.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Remind you of anyone? We would look amazing in games score one goal when we should have been out of sight by half time.
I think that was certainly considered when appointing him, the sound logic behind it being with better players would come more goals and better results. It isn’t happening yet despite spending an absolute fortune since the summer

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think that was certainly considered when appointing him, the sound logic behind it being with better players would come more goals and better results. It isn’t happening yet despite spending an absolute fortune since the summer
As Chelsea fans keep saying all that money spent and not one CF. That also reminds me of what we thought used to be our problem. It is interesting to see the two teams he’s managed play almost identical football with the same results.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Remind you of anyone? We would look amazing in games score one goal when we should of been out of sight by half time.
He's like the reverse Conte. Spurs are often much better 2nd half this season.

They should job share. Potter gets the first half and Conte the 2nd.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
How are they going to judge ' progress '
His predecessor only won the Champions League, Super Cup, World Club Cup and reached a number of Cup Finals, unluckily losing two on penalties.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
His predecessor only won the Champions League, Super Cup, World Club Cup and reached a number of Cup Finals, unluckily losing two on penalties.
It is mental when you think about it poor old Graham struggled against Fulham with his £billion squad.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He's like the reverse Conte. Spurs are often much better 2nd half this season.

They should job share. Potter gets the first half and Conte the 2nd.
You know the saying......
First half belongs to the players....second half to the manager.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I agree completely. I was talking about the logic in hiring him initially

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I get the feeling it’s going to “click” soon. They played WHU off the park in the first half and were denied a nailed on pen to win the game.

I will be surprised if we finish the season above them tbh

It’s fun watching them stumbling along, just don’t expect it to continue

When it does Swanny will be back with a vengeance :smile:
Let’s hope not I’m enjoying threads not being hijacked and proper discussions talking place.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
As Chelsea fans keep saying all that money spent and not one CF. That also reminds me of what we thought used to be our problem. It is interesting to see the two teams he’s managed play almost identical football with the same results.
They have had their share of decent CF's over the years but constantly waste them by playing others out of position. Lukaku is in the top 10 CF's most sides would get him scoring for fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here