Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I listened to that podcast, too and will also be unfollowing them after what was said and went on and on about Sánchez. Unworthy of a podcast or of Brighton fans after the dust had settled. Snide comments, too, like 'the hand of the devil' FFS.
What pod was it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No I don’t think I would.
I wouldn’t if I was any big 6 club either right now. I would have 6 months ago though. Don’t think he suits a bigger club with expectant fans - as all 6 of them can’t be top 2 and there’s lots of moaners as bigger fanbases who are used to success. He’s a lower down manager / championship manager at best currently. Couldn’t see him getting offered another top 6 job in a long time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Question marks continue to hover over Jose Mourinho’s future, as former Inter director Fulvio Collovati insists he ‘already received offers and one of them is from Chelsea,’ while Roma look to Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi.

The Special One has repeatedly complained in the media about the quality of the squad at his disposal and hit out at fans and reporters at the weekend for not realising what they are achieving in “very difficult circumstances.”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Question marks continue to hover over Jose Mourinho’s future, as former Inter director Fulvio Collovati insists he ‘already received offers and one of them is from Chelsea,’ while Roma look to Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi.

The Special One has repeatedly complained in the media about the quality of the squad at his disposal and hit out at fans and reporters at the weekend for not realising what they are achieving in “very difficult circumstances.”
Where is the quote from? It would be helpful to mention.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a great Potter fan after the way he shipped out at the first opportunity, but it is a bit sick how many joirnos (that's journo - the jerks, not so much proper journalists) are clamouring for Potter out, invemting fantasies abouit Chelsea approaching Poch and all that. I suppose it helps them getting more clicks from demented Chelsea supoorters like that very funny one with issues highlighted on here earlier.

In the meantime, carry on Shed End - this is funnier than WACCOE a couple of years back! :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not a great Potter fan after the way he shipped out at the first opportunity.
There are a lot of rumours (that I happen to believe) of him blowing out Spuds twice. Levy would never dangle a £60m 5-year contract in front of him though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Another little thing that won't have escaped Boehly's notice is how well Ten Haag has done at turning around Man Utd's fortunes, in particular:
  • Removing Maguire as captain
  • Handling, then removing Ronaldo
  • Making Old Trafford a fortress
  • Getting striker Rashford into the form of his life
  • Rebuilding team confidence
  • Playing United football with a degree of swagger.
looking at the different transfer business, couple of squad cover vs half a first team to an already bloated squad, dont think Boehly is following any examples.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely except I don't know the Brighton Rock. I'll check that one out.
It’s a good bloke I sit by at the Amex - lots know him on here - does post sometimes but can’t remember his username.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brighton Rock, good stuff. Russ. Haddock.
I thought his username was captain haddock but when I go to @ that name it didn’t work @Captain Haddock oh it does but didn’t come up in the suggestions - prob cos not posted for ages.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Seagulls Social and Albion Obsessed are good YouTube podcasts too...round out my top 3 along with the Albion Roar.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Multiple reliable, well connected sources have told ChelseaFC365 that sections of Chelsea’s dressing room are “disinterested” with life under Graham Potter.

Sources revealed that some players are particularly disinterested in team meetings held by Graham Potter. It is felt by players that there is not much togetherness within the the team, there is a feeling amongst some that the team is now a bunch of individuals rather than a unified collective. The term “individuals not a team” came up from one source.

When asked about player’s appearing to be constantly smiling in revealed training pictures, sources hinted that player’s are enjoying playing in certain groups and mini games but when it comes to the behind scenes work ahead of the game, some are taking in information with one ear and letting it go out the other."

Sounds like he's lost the dressing room ..

That will Potters downfall, player power, once the dressing room is lost that is it.
I am pretty sure Todd won't be too bothered by some of the "star" players losing confidence as they have probably been written off as mistakes and not made by him such as Stirling, however if any of Badiashile, Fofana, Felix, Madueke, Santos or Gust start voicing concerns that will be the final straw, I think, and a defeat against Tottenham and Dortmund (or Draw). Bye Bye Potter.
I know we have sort of said it in jest about the hammering they took at the Amex being the turning point - but I'm beginning to wonder if it really was indeed the turning point. I wonder if the vitriol and booing got to the player and Potter more than they let on - and that the players at that point also lost respect in/for Potter. And haven't played for him since?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I know we have sort of said it in jest about the hammering they took at the Amex being the turning point - but I'm beginning to wonder if it really was indeed the turning point. I wonder if the vitriol and booing got to the player and Potter more than they let on - and that the players at that point also lost respect in/for Potter. And haven't played for him since?
Well...he was 9 games unbeaten up to that point and subsequently has lost 10 of his next 17 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here