Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tony Bloom has done Chelsea up like a kipper. First Cucurella then Potter. They shouldn't have messed with a pro poker player 🤣

It was strange I knew when Tony was introducing RDZ he was like the cat that had got the cream. He certainly did not look upset by what had happened.
Completely agree - he looked so, so pleased. I'm convinced DeZ was on Tony's wish list longer than Potter was - but he was at a CL team so out of range for us at the time. Fantastic (opportunistic) move to nab him while we could.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree - he looked so, so pleased. I'm convinced DeZ was on Tony's wish list longer than Potter was - but he was at a CL team so out of range for us at the time. Fantastic (opportunistic) move to nab him while we could.
It was extraordinary, reacting in the completely opposite way to us over the mass exodus, instead the proverbial cat that got the cream. Banking £22m in the process.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This smells like bullshit. Difficult to believe someone would turn down making themselves twice, three or four times as rich whether they succeed or fail.
You have to love some of the comments-they are approaching Leeds levels of delusion- calling it a BS story because they simply can not believe that Pooch would turn down Chelsea

Anyone can see that whoever takes ,over if that happens, has a massive job to do in stabalising the results and then slashing that squad of mega expensive individuals, and somehow creating a team from what is left.

Its one hell of a job, and as Chelsea are going to struggle to get top 6 the way things are, I would have thought the big question isnt why would someone turn them down, but why on earth would anyone take on Chelsea

None of these top level managers actually needs the money, after a certain point whilst nice, you can only spend so much, so job enjoyment has to take precident, and managing Chelsea over the next 18 months isnt going to be fun

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
RDZ was at Sassuolo when we appointed Potter. I it reckon it was his efforts there in getting them to consecutive 8th places finishes that first brought him to Bloom's attention. He was probably under the radar before that having never managed higher than Serie B, whereas Potter had been getting a lot of attention for what he did in Sweden.

Bloom obviously knew that RDZ was available when Chelsea came in for Potter so wasn't that bothered about losing him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
RDZ was at Sassuolo when we appointed Potter. I it reckon it was his efforts there in getting them to 8th twice that first brought him to Bloom's attention, he was probably under the radar before that, whereas Potter had been getting a lot of attention for what he did in Sweden.

Bloom obviously knew that RDZ was available when Chelsea came in for Potter so wasn't that bothered about losing him.
With targets 2, 3, 4 etc all lined up, should agreement not have been reached with RDZ.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He knows he’ll be back at Tottenham by July. Few ITK’s around the club have suggested it’s all but a done deal.
Interesting.

A bit like Mourinho at Manure (he lived in a hotel), Conte never seems to have 100% settled. Frequent whinging about the player budget, also criticising his critics.

Would you take Potter?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He knows he’ll be back at Tottenham by July. Few ITK’s around the club have suggested it’s all but a done deal.
Would maybe be a good deal both for him and Tottenham. Tottenham hasn't done much without him whereas Poch in PSG finished second in a race in which he had the only horse.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Interesting.

A bit like Mourinho at Manure (he lived in a hotel), Conte never seems to have 100% settled. Frequent whinging about the player budget, also criticising his critics.

Would you take Potter?
Conte’s a massive whinger - does my head in at times.

Would take Poch over Potter. Plus I’ve grown quite a hatred for Potter after how he left BHA.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Would maybe be a good deal both for him and Tottenham. Tottenham hasn't done much without him whereas Poch in PSG finished second in a race in which he had the only horse.

Didn’t actually know that. That’s dreadful finishing 2nd in France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here