Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Multiple reliable, well connected sources have told ChelseaFC365 that sections of Chelsea’s dressing room are “disinterested” with life under Graham Potter.

Sources revealed that some players are particularly disinterested in team meetings held by Graham Potter. It is felt by players that there is not much togetherness within the the team, there is a feeling amongst some that the team is now a bunch of individuals rather than a unified collective. The term “individuals not a team” came up from one source.

When asked about player’s appearing to be constantly smiling in revealed training pictures, sources hinted that player’s are enjoying playing in certain groups and mini games but when it comes to the behind scenes work ahead of the game, some are taking in information with one ear and letting it go out the other."

Sounds like he's lost the dressing room ..
Sounds more like the problems in the dressing room that he was brought in to solve - eventually. It will depend on a large clear-out in the summer - although it might be difficult to persuade some of them to leave if other clubs aren't prepared to match their wages. If I was on £5M plus a year, I'd probably be quite happy to mess around on the traning ground with a little gang of mates in the same situation, not putting myself out in any way, knowing that clueless fans will blame the manager - and probably be scweaming why doesn't he put me back in the team!
And if I just do nothing, I can have another two years of this cushy life - the job's a good 'un!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Glad all of their fans aren’t quite so reactionary. This guy is clearly on the fence

I am eternally grateful that social media didn't exist when I was a kid because I fear I would have been one of these donuts.

I cringe at some of my reactionary posts on here from time to time. Imagine that feeling immortalised in video. Yeesh.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Not the one I listened to.
Not a word of Irony.
Very articulate and in my view, completely wrong.
I listened to that podcast, too and will also be unfollowing them after what was said and went on and on about Sánchez. Unworthy of a podcast or of Brighton fans after the dust had settled. Snide comments, too, like 'the hand of the devil' FFS.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, they will have a job getting players shifted out. I can see a situation with Stirling etc being loaned out with Chelsea covering majority of wages. But they won't want to loan to a direct rival and with restrictions coming in to limit players on loan abroad (and they've got a lot loaned out), this will be far from easy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I listened to that podcast, too and will also be unfollowing them after what was said and went on and on about Sánchez. Unworthy of a podcast or of Brighton fans after the dust had settled. Snide comments, too, like 'the hand of the devil' FFS.
Fortunately there are so many cropping up, it will not be missed.
I enjoy having a younger counterpoint to the Albion roar, which has been a staple for many years.
A lot of the comments re FIFA etc go completely over my head though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm confused, why is the emotional intelligence not working?

don't think he can't fix things there now, managing to get a worse performance out of a better squad of players. i expect it will "click" one game soon, look brilliant, then he'll change a bunch of stuff and have a mare the next.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sounds more like the problems in the dressing room that he was brought in to solve - eventually. It will depend on a large clear-out in the summer - although it might be difficult to persuade some of them to leave if other clubs aren't prepared to match their wages. If I was on £5M plus a year, I'd probably be quite happy to mess around on the traning ground with a little gang of mates in the same situation, not putting myself out in any way, knowing that clueless fans will blame the manager - and probably be scweaming why doesn't he put me back in the team!
And if I just do nothing, I can have another two years of this cushy life - the job's a good 'un!
Yes, if the long established players are in cliques then that won't help the new lads settle at all.
Defo... clear out the cliques in the Summer, buy some more new guys, and reboot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another little thing that won't have escaped Boehly's notice is how well Ten Haag has done at turning around Man Utd's fortunes, in particular:
  • Removing Maguire as captain
  • Handling, then removing Ronaldo
  • Making Old Trafford a fortress
  • Getting striker Rashford into the form of his life
  • Rebuilding team confidence
  • Playing United football with a degree of swagger.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well, I for one think he's doing a great job there. Long may their decline continue. Potter IN.
Agreed. I don't think I've ever been as hard Potter In as I am right now at any point.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Glad all of their fans aren’t quite so reactionary. This guy is clearly on the fence

I think Chelsea fans need help. The level of entitlment and rage is off the scale.

Don't get me wrong there were times under Sami Hyypia where I had lost all faith, but blimey.

Why don't they make a sign to Potter just saying, "You seem like a nice fella, but please duck off" or something like that, and hold it up at their next match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here