Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out

Potter IN//OUT or Fence?

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
To Potter outers.

What do you think a new manager should change, with this group of players?
I only ask as we create loads of chances and don’t concede that many.
So presumably the new manager would keep things pretty much as is, but make a prolific striker out of Maupay and the other misfiring strikers?
Good luck with that.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If Bloom and Barber happy with this then who are we to suggest they change it! I'm only in for a few hundred quid season ticket cash.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
In. The clarity on the financial situation makes it clear how hard a job Potter has.

I was frustrated by the lack of substitutions but looking at the bench, I suspect he didn’t want to risk Connolly or Lallana, it would be a big game to throw Tau or Moder into and I don’t think Zeqiri or Alzate (in his current form) would change the game. Take the point, move on

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To Potter outers.

So presumably the new manager would keep things pretty much as is, but make a prolific striker out of Maupay and the other misfiring strikers?
Good luck with that.

Thank god Tony doesn’t lose his beans when we have a few challenges like a small but frustrating section of our support do.

I think Billic could have kept WBA up but their owners didn’t have courage or self confidence like our Tony, it means they’ll be paying Big Sam millions to take them down the mugs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I've moved from in to fence and back to in.

We are a tough but to crack, at times play some wonderful stuff just can't score the goals to reflect the quality of the performance.

I said about a month ago take the players for an extra hour every day for shooting / finishing practice, tonight we created enough to win by three.

Its not the answer.
We haven't got the quality upfront or in attacking midfield. Its not bad luck why the likes of Maupay and Trossard miss straightforward chances. They lose composure, they snatch at chances, they are not natural finishers. We are stuck with them and it won't get any better.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think it’s the emotion and alcohol of a match night. People are so frustrated at not winning tonight (myself included) but just don’t have the wit or control (at this precise moment) to see the bigger picture. We’d be top 6 if we’d signed Ings instead of Maupay, we’re that close.

Yeeeeah I know. We’re all frustrated aren’t we. I get it.

Some of the outters are ok. It’s just a shame ‘some’ are slightly entitled though and short sighted to the improvements Potter has made, some of our football has been sensational. So many chances.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Got to be in.
Creating chance after chance which is the hardest thing to do at this level. TB is with potter for the long run. It’s what he wants. A team with an identity, promotion and development of younger players. Just missing confidence in front of goal. If 1 of the front players went on a goal scoring run we would fly up the league

[emoji482]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
To Potter outers.

Good luck with that.

Bingo.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Have a day off Vagabond. Doesn't it exhaust you?
Do you not have the faculties to appreciate people have differing opinions?
You really don't need to take it all so personally.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
100% in.

He literally can't do any more than he is. He set us up brilliantly every single match and every single match he is let down by our bottle jobs in front of goal.

This. We didn’t have any better striking options on the bench so even a change wouldn’t have helped. Last two league games he’s set us up well. Should have been home and hosed by half time tonight.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Yeeeeah I know. We’re all frustrated aren’t we. I get it.

Some of the outters are ok. It’s just a shame ‘some’ are slightly entitled though and short sighted to the improvements Potter has made, some of our football has been sensational. So many chances.

You’re easily pleased!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Its not the answer.
We haven't got the quality upfront or in attacking midfield. Its not bad luck why the likes of Maupay and Trossard miss straightforward chances. They lose composure, they snatch at chances, they are not natural finishers. We are stuck with them and it won't get any better.

I'm not convinced by either like you, however they get into goalscoring positions surely practice,practice and more practice is the answer. We clearly have to make the most of what we've got they just need to sharpen up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If Bloom and Barber happy with this then who are we to suggest they change it! I'm only in for a few hundred quid season ticket cash.

And what's Barber? An employee on 2m a year. As a supporter I think we do have a voice. Lets face it Potter had it easy ONE win at home in over a year, the Amex would be toxic. He is very lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here