• Out

Votes: 98 21.9%
  • Fence

Votes: 59 13.2%

• Total voters

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am starting to wonder about our mentality out there. Getting beaten is one thing but we are losing to everyone. This is not just the lack of a striker, this is a glitch in the teams mental strength..

Valid concerns (not a million miles away from my perspective) but “we are losing to everyone” is a bit hysterical. Last 3 games. Before that for 6 games we lost to no one. The truth is somewhere in the middle as they say.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Valid concerns (not a million miles away from my perspective) but “we are losing to everyone” is a bit hysterical. Last 3 games. Before that for 6 games we lost to no one. The truth is somewhere in the middle as they say.

Yeah 'we are losing to everyone' is a bit hysterical and I didn't really mean it like that. What I really mean is we are not beating the teams around us, just above us or way above us. Last few games have been against three different types of opponents and we have lost them all (albeit in different circumstances). I was kind of hoping that we might get something out of Leicester as we were doing okay against the better teams (realistically, I was only hoping for a point).

In short, our last three games have left me with little or no confidence of finding a win in our remaining fixtures. As I say something wrong with our mentality at the moment.

I am probably just in need of a result or two to lift my spirits.

I do honestly feel that with a decent transfer window we will be okay and possibly push for a surprising finish next season (let's face it our luck has to turn sooner or later - Is it luck, or is it decision making?).

I really hope we are right to put our faith in the lad Potter, it is going to be a painful business next season if we are wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out.

Should have gone months ago.

Shit football, shit manager and made the players shit. Potter is stinking the place out.
No wonder nobody takes you seriously. Fine to want him out but who exactly has he made shit? And shit football? Christ on a bike.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I had a look and most teams in and around us don’t have a poll on the manager going after every game. Certainly don’t see Fulham having one after they narrowly lost to Spurs who are miles below Leicester in the table or Burnley having one after getting spanked by Spurs.

What’s the matter with us, when did we become such entitled xxxxxxxxx

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had a look and most teams in and around us don’t have a poll on the manager going after every game. Certainly don’t see Fulham having one after they narrowly lost to Spurs who are miles below Leicester in the table or Burnley having one after getting spanked by Spurs.

Don’t take it too seriously, these polls are more of a points scoring contest between different sides of NSC than anything else.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I have moved from in to fence.

Why were Maupay and Trossard even playing?

Poor substitutions.

Lost 3 games in a row..For gods sake try something differant. You make your own luck in life

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I am starting to think the players aren't good enough to play Potter's style of football at the pace required capped off with non scoring strikers we are looking like a blunt tool.
Yes we are pleasing on the eye but it's a results industry and the results aren't matching the performance so something has to change. For me it's not the manager but the players that said the manager has to find a goal scorer within the squad or change our style to grind out results.
We miss March and Webster that is clear to see but looking at the replacements they just aren't good enough and I question whether Potter has the confidence in his fringe players and is giving them less and less game time.
Potter in but he has to change something to suit our player's and not necessarily his preferred style.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've gone from In to Fence now.

I've been of the opinion that we just don't have enough Premier League quality to win games which isn't Potter's fault but we've dropped what, 16 or 17 points now from leading positions? IMO Maupay's form has been off for a while and needs resting and when we need a goal he'll bring on f***ing Jahankbaksh? His game management is definitely questionable.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Fulham fans are discussing their manager’s position every time I read their board. At Burnley, Dyche is doing an excellent job with a very poor squad. They are more than the sum of their parts, thanks to him. I’m Potter In but let’s not do the usual deflection on to the fans, with the Messiah getting off scot free. Too many people on here tell us that we are not worthy. The reality is that this is Potter’s responsibility and I want him to fix it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Fulham fans are discussing their manager’s position every time I read their board. At Burnley, Dyche is doing an excellent job with a very poor squad. They are more than the sum of their parts, thanks to him. I’m Potter In but let’s not do the usual deflection on to the fans, with the Messiah getting off scot free. Too many people on here tell us that we are not worthy. The reality is that this is Potter’s responsibility and I want him to fix it.

Beg to disagree but I don’t think it is Potter’s responsibility - it’s TB’s, and I don’t think he is in a position to do anything about it at the moment, or he would have done. He can’t be blind to the problems and only he will have any say in how things are going to be fixed in the longer term. It takes time to build a decent squad and these are generally created from the back. We are getting there but it’s just a rocky road.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Potter is very talented.
But I’m not sure he is a good for us.
There is a lengthening list of weaknesses for opposition managers to get their teeth into.
Even so, I just about remain in.... because these weaknesses aren’t all Potter’s fault.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not voting.

Pointless exercise.

We have a manager and team that can't win.

As I said on another thread, pretty passing football with powder puff chances and no results isn't floating my boat at the moment.

I'm sure that England's greatest managerial hope since Alf Ramsay will sort it out and we'll be fine.

I'd probably vote In now just because of the fact that teams that change managers at this point in the season tend to go down. Next season we need to either change all the players, or change the manager, or perhaps go back to playing in stripes - this kit is a relegation kit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am starting to think the players aren't good enough to play Potter's style of football at the pace required capped off with non scoring strikers we are looking like a blunt tool.
Yes we are pleasing on the eye but it's a results industry and the results aren't matching the performance so something has to change. For me it's not the manager but the players that said the manager has to find a goal scorer within the squad or change our style to grind out results.
We miss March and Webster that is clear to see but looking at the replacements they just aren't good enough and I question whether Potter has the confidence in his fringe players and is giving them less and less game time.
Potter in but he has to change something to suit our player's and not necessarily his preferred style.

“Starting”?!! Where’ve you been?! :albion2: :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Beg to disagree but I don’t think it is Potter’s responsibility - it’s TB’s, and I don’t think he is in a position to do anything about it at the moment, or he would have done. He can’t be blind to the problems and only he will have any say in how things are going to be fixed in the longer term. It takes time to build a decent squad and these are generally created from the back. We are getting there but it’s just a rocky road.

Potter has to find a way to work within Tony’s remit. That’s his job. This is a relegation battle and yet the team is still being set up to attack.There is nothing Tony can do about it until the Summer so it’s the manager’s job to find a way. It’s clearly going to be tough to get the forwards to score goals but he should be able to do something about the mental frailty of the team, the dangerous conceding of possession in midfield, the manner in which the defence was exposed last night and the refusal to change the set up with substitutions. It’s criminal really that our carefree football is sending us towards the Championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The thing is, many of them have been brought in under his watch with Ashworth leading the operation and Potter’s own recruitment man in the team. Let’s look at last night’s starters. Potter’s idea to bring in Sanchez and we all broadly agreed. He is going to make the odd clanger as he learns but his first half save was wonderful.

Potter brings in and keeps White. I think we all agree. Burn is NOT a left back, or Premier League quality.

Veltman is class.

Bissouma is our best player and Gross is preferred as a creative midfielder to, say, Moder who is new. Lallana is a Potter signing. Ditto Mac, Trossard, Maupay.

On the fringes Potter and Ashworth have insisted on blooding Connolly, signing Welbeck and bringing in Zeqiri and bringing home Tau to warm the bench.

We are cursed that the three players who lead the charge from the back in March, Lamptey and Webster are all out and that’s certainly not down to the coach,plus two of them are great signings. You can argue that only Gross, Biss, Dunk & March remain from the Hughton team and they’re four of our best players

Brining in those players and trying to play that football with them isn’t a glowing endorsement of the philosophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
In, I’m loyal to GP.

But boy he’s wet behind the ears. Just one way to play, no defensive strategy to try and hold onto a vital lead.

My loyalty in part because I don’t rate this squad as highly as it seems the rest of NSC does. Imho at elite league level, lacking pace, power, and quality in certain positions.

Like you, I'm an in man.
But when should we sit back and hold on to that lead? At 1-0? And have fans slating us for playing defensively after 20 minutes and have turgid football. Or should we push for 2-0? And possibly open ourselves to an equaliser. Then at 1-1, what do we do?
Thats why none of us are managers, although a lot think its an easy thing to do.
I think GP made some mistakes last night re subs but I recall a game recently where the subs made all the difference and people were raging about how he changed the game with them. Yes, Wet behind the ears is probably not a bad analogy, he certainly gets it right somedays but not all days, just as long as he doesnt stay wet forever.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Still fence for me. I've been in and out all season. I'm sure GP can be a winner somehow/somewhen/somewhere, but it aint happening here right now.

We have the players to be comfortable IMO, and GP's dream style would have us comfortable, but the two aren't meeting in the middle . . . . Therefore he's failing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here